Bike service in Bristol centre

parkez
parkez Posts: 43
edited June 2010 in MTB general
Hey all,

Just wondering if any of you could recommend a bike shop in bristol that offers a value for money service, any details would be great.

Thanks

Dan :)

Comments

• Psychlewerx, Abbotsford Rd, Redland.
    Bike, Queens Avenue, Clifton.
    Zero G, North Street, Bedminster.
    Mud Dock, The Grove.
  • matt581
    matt581 Posts: 219
    I would recommend Zero G in Bedminster, I always find them helpfull and they know what they are talking about but to be fair i haven't tried the other places.
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    Yep, ZeroG are just down the road from me. Excellent shop.
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • Another good workshop is Cylcesurgery in Filton, at Snow & Rock:, Shield Retail Centre, Link Road, Filton, opposite Airbus, corner of A38 and A4174
  • Do not overspend! Get the best bike service at competitive prices! Just call 07576974644
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/Bristol/Bristol-Bike-Service/109942705720454?ajaxpipe=1&__a=32
    Bristol Bike Service was established by keen bicyclist with 7 years mechanic experience. Bristol Bike Service can assure precision, reliability and punctuality. Competitive prices!
  • Chaz.Harding
    Chaz.Harding Posts: 3,144
    Hmmm... How long untill the post above get's deleted....
    Boo-yah mofo
    Sick to the power of rad
    Fix it 'till it's broke
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Where are you based? I can find no reference to you on the internet, and your facebook page shows very little.
  • Chaz.Harding
    And their prices are quoted in Zloty's...

Hmmm... Oh, and the 'review' on FaceBook is in Polish...

Weird...
    Boo-yah mofo
    Sick to the power of rad
    Fix it 'till it's broke
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    The address is a private house nowhere near the city centre.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Chaz.Harding
    3.... 2..... 1......

Banned yet...? :lol:
    Boo-yah mofo
    Sick to the power of rad
    Fix it 'till it's broke
  • I am just starting with my own bussiness, that's what you can't find more information. Service is at brentry, bristol. Who told that all services might be in the centre. Polish is weird for you? Why is that?I won't fix you, but your bike!
    Bristol Bike Service was established by keen bicyclist with 7 years mechanic experience. Bristol Bike Service can assure precision, reliability and punctuality. Competitive prices!
  • Thread8
    Thread8 Posts: 479
    I got a feeling its a kid, what kind of business opens at 4 in the afternoon and closes at 10 at night

Think about it, most schools finish around 3 ish
    Haro Thread 8
    Please help!

"It's like parkour, on a bike"
  • stev0
    stev0 Posts: 131
    bad ass bikes just outside of bristol, no bullsh*t, you wont pay for new parts you don't need, and on the plus side you get to take your newly serviced bike on a spin of the mendips when you pick it up. just search them on google they have a website. 20 min drive from centre of bristol.
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    wordnumb wrote:
    Psychlewerx, Abbotsford Rd, Redland.
    Bike, Queens Avenue, Clifton.
    Zero G, North Street, Bedminster.
    Mud Dock, The Grove.

You'll probably get a good service from all of the above. I know people that work in Zero G and take my bike to mud dock (it's the closest one for me) and there's a pub across the road
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • Thread8 wrote:
    I got a feeling its a kid, what kind of business opens at 4 in the afternoon and closes at 10 at night

Think about it, most schools finish around 3 ish

Stupid thinking. Yeah, I am a 30 years old kid! and you ar acting like kid to write some kind of stuff. Perhaps you never musn't have 2 jobs to feed your family...
  • underdog
    underdog Posts: 292
    Thread8 wrote:
    Bristol Bike Service was established by keen bicyclist with 7 years mechanic experience. Bristol Bike Service can assure precision, reliability and punctuality. Copmpetitive prices!...

Bristol bike services may want to offer a spell check :lol:
  • roadracedave
    roadracedave Posts: 107
    Mud Dock have got some very good mechanics, I haven't used Zero G but have heard good things about them. Alternatively, if your that side of town there is Strada Cycles in Bedminster. A few of my team mates use Strada to get there Colnago's serviced and they have recieved a brilliant service.

I don't know what the pricing is like of any of those shops, but I am sure they are good value for money, and will only fix what needs fixing!
  • alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    Mud Dock quoted me a price for supplying and fitting an HT II chainset and bottom bracket. After delivering the bike (15 miles away) they called to say the price would be +£25 more - I told the manager that I would be paying the price quoted. He had a complete strop and I heard him shouting personal abuse at the mechanic and he said to me if I insisted then the mechanic would be paying the difference! Shocking behaviour! Anyway, they did the work at the original price, but I had to go back with a Shimano Tech document with the instructions as they had fitted it with the wrong spacer arrangement. They didn't know how to do it, I had to explain.

Suffice to say, they would be the last place I would recommend!
  • wordnumb
    wordnumb Posts: 847
    alfablue wrote:

Fair enough. They've always seemed alright to me, and the overpriced restaurant upstairs is properjob.
  • underdog wrote:
    Thread8 wrote:
    Bristol Bike Service was established by keen bicyclist with 7 years mechanic experience. Bristol Bike Service can assure precision, reliability and punctuality. Copmpetitive prices!...

Bristol bike services may want to offer a spell check :lol:

I have got a feeling that some of you are here for fun not for advise. I wouldn't treat serious somebody who can only joking.
  • alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    wordnumb wrote:
    alfablue wrote:

Fair enough. They've always seemed alright to me, and the overpriced restaurant upstairs is properjob.
    Yes, it just takes one event like that to put you off, I had a reasonable experience previously, but what I really disliked was not the mechanical ineptitude but the horrific way the manager behaved to his staff in front of me and how he tried to "blackmail" me over £25 by threatening to make the mechanic pay - bizarre way to present yourself in business, absolutely baffling :? I don't support workplace bullies either :evil:

The cafe was great once, gone down over the years.

Hard to please aren't I :roll:
  • Mc Smiley
    Mc Smiley Posts: 252
    Mud Dock is just not good, overpriced and rubbish customer service
    Blackboy Hill cycles, a bit local but the mechanic in their, is excellent and they service bikes so cheap, and they do a better job than zero g and bike. Don't be put off but its lack of space, cheap parts and labour and the jobs is as thorough if not more than those premium shops
  • llamafarmer
    llamafarmer Posts: 1,893
    Zero G are great - G is an awesome mechanic, he's done a few things for me and it's all been top notch!
  • wordnumb
    wordnumb Posts: 847
    alfablue wrote:
    Hard to please aren't I :roll:

Indisputably.
    alfablue wrote:
    The cafe was great once, gone down over the years.

The food is still good, the service is still cute, but they charge too much. I like the place but there are better eateries.

Back to the OP - If you need anything retro looked at, Harvey's in Henleaze are really good. They're probably totally up to date with suspension and hydraulics, but where they really shine is their knack of keeping old kit in stock.