disc brake mounting on a Klein

stevieboyessex
stevieboyessex Posts: 3
edited September 2008 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi I have a Klein Attitude race and would like to mount disc brakes, unfortunatley I have no mounts on the frame for the calipers on the rear.
Is it possible to weld some mounts on or can you buy an adapter for the frame, to enable me to mount the calipers.
I tried searching on hear for some answers and all i,ve come uo with is A2Z, but when i,ve looked on their site I can't see anything.
Look forward to hearing your replies.

Steve

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    do you have a picture of your drop out?

what year frame....
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Hi, I don,t have a picture but i,ll post one up , bike is 5 yrs old I think. I have found these things A2Z Universal Rear Disc Brake Mount Adapter #DM-UNI

heres the link http://www.jerseycycles.com/Product-Pag ... ducts.html

i,m not looking for anything that is particularly bullet proof as my riding isn,t what it used to be , just being in mud in the forest a lot you realise that rim brakes do suffer with the amount of crap you get in them.
  • nicklouse
    please find a image of your rear drop out as it it is like the Treks of that era then there is a dedicated mount for it.

Or just go to your local trek/klien etc dealer and get them to sort it.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • nicklouse
    is it like this with out the adaptor ?

med_gallery_2403_239_62274.jpg

trek_disc_mount.jpg

a trek/klien/fisher adaptor for about the year.

available from http://www.pedalon.co.uk/acatalog/disc_mount.html
  • or run HS33's...

26" disc brakes anyone?
  • ivancarlos
    ivancarlos Posts: 1,034
    As far as I am aware the dropouts on the Klein Attitude are rear facing. Does anyone know where you can get adaptors for rear facing dropouts?
    I have pain!
  • nicklouse
    ivancarlos
    some did and some with the rear faceing drop out also have Hayes 22mm disc mounts on the chain stay.

but with out seeing what the OP actually has for drop outs it is all guess work.