help needed with seat please

fatblokefromwarwick
fatblokefromwarwick Posts: 331
edited September 2008 in MTB beginners
hi I'm out now getting muddy and fell off somehow pulled the seat off at the front. Any tips for getting it back on?
It's impossibly tight
Cheers

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    the rails have come out?

TBH not worth the hassle time for some new saddle.

If you take it to your LBS they may beable to sort it but sometimes it is just not happening.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Back home now,
    Needed to sort it there and then cos I was out in the countryside a long way from home!

The seat is stretched with amazing tension over the rail. After much thought I used the bottom of the seat post which with the diagonal cut at the end creates a flat blade which I used to lever the front part of the seat into the nose of the rail. PHEW!

Can't believe I even managed to fetch it off!

First time out with clip-in pedals and went over 6 times this morning. Very glad I brought a helmet yesterday.lol.

Did well in excess of 40 miles today and feel ALIVE but a little tired, can't be arsed to clean the bike now will do it tomorrow.

Cheers all.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    you managed to get the rails back on. Not easy as you now know and there is defiantly a knack to it. which you have found.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown