Update & couple of questions/advice required

Red Devil
Red Devil Posts: 60
edited October 2008 in Road beginners
Well still deliberating what bike to get.. however bought very cheap Claud Butler (interim)to get me fit & Im enjoying it but so many goddam hills here in Wales :) .
Just a couple of queries if anyone can help -

Bike has spd pedals - will the shoes in Aldi £19.99 fit or adapt ?

Any suggestions on a road helmet - so many to choose from !

Really enjoyin my training sessions and getting used to the Lycra :oops: Note to self need to lose more weight.....

Thanks
Chris

Comments

• Have a look at this link

http://www.probikekit.com/display.php?cat=Lazer%20Helmets

Lazer Blade for £36 . I bought one a couple of weeks ago . More comfortable and more airflow than the BELL sweep R that I was using .

Okay its not the current Blade2 but I think the only difference is the mechanism for adjustment .
  • :D Top Tip many thanks for the reply looks a good helmet -any other comments greatly received as gotta purchase very soon as old mtb helmet very worn out.
    The lazer looks good probably in the darker colour - L/XL i guess as 59" or so head :lol:
    Was gonna go for a Giro but this does seem agood alternative.

Chris
  • :D Top Tip many thanks for the reply looks a good helmet -any other comments greatly received as gotta purchase very soon as old mtb helmet very worn out.
    The lazer looks good probably in the darker colour - L/XL i guess as 59" or so head :lol:
    Was gonna go for a Giro but this does seem agood alternative.

Chris
  • Red Devil wrote:
    Bike has spd pedals - will the shoes in Aldi £19.99 fit or adapt ?

I imagine they will: spd are the most common clipless pedals out there, are used on both road and mtb, so they should. And I doubt Aldi have their own system...
  • Thanks for all the great advice - ordered Lazer helmet from PBK £34 now plus free postage !
    Bizzarely just watched one on ebay go for £32 used...

Computer arrived today exciting stuff huh .. just need some lights-shoes-trk pump !

Will check out Aldi shoes again this Thurs when in Cardgan.

Wild West Wales ere at mo-gotta get cycling :wink:
  • jon_e00
    jon_e00 Posts: 64
    Red Devil wrote:
    Thanks for all the great advice - ordered Lazer helmet from PBK £34 now plus free postage !
    Bizzarely just watched one on ebay go for £32 used...

Computer arrived today exciting stuff huh .. just need some lights-shoes-trk pump !

Will check out Aldi shoes again this Thurs when in Cardgan.

Wild West Wales ere at mo-gotta get cycling :wink:

You sound as if you are in the same position as me... new to biking and sourcing kit.

Noticed you said Cardigan Aldi's, where abouts do you live as I am also in West Wales.
  • Hi yes sourcing kit - new old /used etc :lol:
    I live near Aberystwyth .. well 16 miles inland toward Devils Bridge- work occasionally takes me to Cardigan hence trip to Aldi !
    Whereabouts are you ?
    Just got in from session out on bike- very wet :) but enjoyed it.

Chris
  • In Cardigan tomorrow actually :)
  • feel
    feel Posts: 800
    Red Devil wrote:
    :out.

Chris

better make that XXXL with that size head :wink:

BTW this LINK says that the Aldi shoes are SPD compatible. Mind it was a week or so since they got them in so they might be out of stock. Quite a bit of their other gear was really good this time so you might pick up something useful even if they don't have the shoes.
    We are born with the dead:
    See, they return, and bring us with them.
  • XXXL !!

:lol: hope not it should be arrivin in morn :lol:

Thanks for the info on the shoes are you from Wales as well ?
    Or do they not have Aldi in darkest England :wink

Chris