About to buy me a Rockhopper :D

Zbigniew
Zbigniew Posts: 17
edited September 2008 in MTB buying advice
A while ago i posted on here about buying a bike for a 6'11 chap. I am that chap. And the time has come - i have the cash for my Rockhopper Disc 2008

Naturally im going to cut a deal with them, they cant take anything off the price, but we talked about having bits thrown in.

I was thinking set of lights, a good lock, and a computer (just a basic one, monitoring speed distance and time).

Two questions - first of all, can you confirm those are decent things to start off with. Secondly, is there much to look for in the said items? I was thinking of a cable lock because there easier to carry, is there much difference between the different types of locks?

Thanks guys

Comments

• You may want a decent pump, or some tools to do basic home maintence - but lights and lock are a good start - expecially with Winter nights coming in :)

Gary
    Claud Butler - Olympus D2 :)
  • A pump..knew i was forgetting something.

Nothing really matters about a pump. As long as it exhales air at the end of a tube - it'll do

Thought about a puncture repair kit - but ill just get one of those another time, there only £5.
  • Cable locks aren't that great at stopping thieves. Just read the reviews on this site for an idea.
    Welcome, to my bonesaw!