WOMANS RR World Champs - Spoiler

2»

Comments

• Hard to like Cooke when she suck the wheel all day, refuse to take turns then sprint past Vos who made the race.
    Better to lose with honor than win with no honor or style.

What, like the Italians, you mean? They've sucked everyone's wheel and lost with no style!

Great performance from the 3 Italian lads in the Under 23 race, who sat on the break for so long, they forgot where the finish line was! :lol:

Cooke has riden the past couple of WC's just like Vos did, today.......foolishly.
    I'm glad she's learnt how it's won.

(Btw: I love generally love the Italian circuit and it's pros :wink: )
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Any highlights of the finish? I had to go to work and missed it :cry:
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,153
    Moray Gub wrote:
    a_n_t wrote:
    better to post spoiler in the title, and not the result.

yeah, thanks for that :roll: :x

Why visit the site though if you dont want to know the result ? Never quite understood that myself why folk who dont want to know the result visit a cycling forum !

cheers
    MG

While you make a good point (remembering the old Likely Lads episode when they tried to avoid a football result) I believe it is good internet form to 'spoiler' such stuff (not just here, on other message boards too)
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • RichN95.
    Hard to like Cooke when she suck the wheel all day, refuse to take turns then sprint past Vos who made the race.

Also Cooke has the horrible ugly riding style!

Better to lose with honor than win with no honor or style.

Mr One post

Did you even watch the race? Nicole chased when she had to and sat in when she could. She played the whole race like a poker master - every decision a good one. In the last K she was sitting up - I thought she was 'cooked' (boom-tish), but she was working it like Machavelli.

Plus - credit to Emma Pooley. She was ripping the peleton apart at points. In fact the whole GB team had a blinder.
  • RichN95.
    Any highlights of the finish? I had to go to work and missed it :cry:

Try the BBC website - they'll have it.
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    Any highlights of the finish? I had to go to work and missed it :cry:
    For highlights of almost most races all year: http://www.sporza.be/cm/sporza.be/wielrennen
    - there it is: http://www.sporza.be/cm/sporza.be/wielr ... n_verslag#
  • NervexProf
    NervexProf Posts: 4,202
    A very balanced report here: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/others ... cling.html

Note: 'It was a stunning triumph as yet again Cooke, with crucial assistance from her team, produced the perfect ride on the biggest stage. The world’s top coaches could go through yesterday’s race blow by blow for the next fortnight and look in vain for a fault from the Welsh rider'

Being applauded by the Italian fans too is tribute to Nicole's tactics and ability.

Nicole must be justly proud of herself, as must the whole of the GB squad - chapeau.
    Common sense in an uncommon degree is what the world calls wisdom
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    ColinJ wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:
    a_n_t wrote:
    better to post spoiler in the title, and not the result.
    yeah, thanks for that :roll: :x
    Why visit the site though if you dont want to know the result ? Never quite understood that myself why folk who dont want to know the result visit a cycling forum !
    cheers
    MG
    I watch cycle racing because I love cycling.

I visit this cycling forum because I love cycling.

I follow the forum using the View posts in category since last visit function because it saves me having to wade through every section of the forum every time that I want to catch up. There is no switch that lets me catch up in this way without seeing new entries in the Race category. That's why I like everyone to stick to the Spoiler convention when posting. Is that okay?

By your logic I shouldn't answer the phone, read my emails, or talk to fellow cyclists either when there is an interesting race on just in case someone blabs out the results. Given that there are 3 3-week tours, numerous 1-week tours, a score or so of great 1-day races, numerous track events, MTB races, cyclo-cross, world championships, olympics etc. etc., I'd spend an awful lot of time cutting myself off just because a few people can't be bothered to follow a simple convention.

I'd be equally upset if a movie review gave away important details of the plot. For example - Se7en is a film about two homicide detectives' desperate hunt for a serial killer... and the final twist is that there it's a SPOILER in the SPOILER (in case you haven't seen it yet!) :wink:

PS I watched my recording BEFORE seing the spoilers - what a great race!

Yea all good and well but the point remains if you dont want to know the result dont visit the forum. If you do visit and find out the result then as far as im concerned its your own fault. As for your point about three week tours are we prevented from posting about a great race or exploit for weeks on end , because some people havent got round to watching it after a week or two ? At what point is spoiler not need when starting a thread ?

cheers
    MG
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • The convention is you don't mention results for that day in the title - lots of people are at work and tape the footage or watch the highlights which are often on quite late.

It doesn't really cause any hardship and it shows a bit of consideration for others - otherwise a lot of people who are interested in cycling would not be able to visit the race section of the forum for most of the 3 week tours.

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • well don't visit cycling weeklies forum if you don't want to know results :shock: theres no consideration there. :twisted:

Nicole has had a fantastic year,lets hope Adrian Chiles doesn't interview her this year.
  • micron
    micron Posts: 1,843
    she didn't put a foot wrong - wonder what gave her more confidence, the Olympic Gold or home turf advantage? Superb race - best of the Championships.
  • Moomaloid
    Moomaloid Posts: 2,040
    FFS.... I posted the thread as she crossed the line because i was blown away by the race. Having never posted one about a race result i totally forgot the 'spoiler' addition. Luckily somebody mentioned it in the second or third post and i immediately changed to the thread title. (within the space of 3 minutes) Can't apologise enough, but come on is there really any need to keep going on a about it... I have learnt my lesson. :shock:
  • Following on from CampagChris - I'll be surprised if she gets more than a mention on the show this year, particularly as the track squad were so successful. Her achievement has been just a quick mention at the end of the sports bulletins on the national news programmes.
    O na bawn i fel LA
  • weyayeman
    weyayeman Posts: 1,141
    I agree with meds1962,especially with Hamilton looking like he's going to be F1 champ.
    It will be a crying shame if cycling doesn't clean up at these awards.I fear it will be the team award they win if anything as team G.B. covers all angles and leaves the petrol heads to gloat. :evil:
    How son yee divent need gaan doon the Pit,coz thas plenty coal in the coal hoose
  • ColinJ
    ColinJ Posts: 2,218
    Moray Gub wrote:
    Yea all good and well but the point remains if you dont want to know the result dont visit the forum. If you do visit and find out the result then as far as im concerned its your own fault.
    I use the forum because I like to use the forum. I don't want to accidentally see race results because I never watch them live and prefer not to know the result when I watch the recording of the race. Like thousands of others, I record the coverage and watch it in the evenings. So what you are saying is if 10,000 people like me want to use the forum and not see the results, hard cheese - we should basically f**k off the forum for the entire racing season because there are a few people who can't be arsed to worry what other people think - nice!
    Moray Gub wrote:
    As for your point about three week tours are we prevented from posting about a great race or exploit for weeks on end , because some people havent got round to watching it after a week or two ? At what point is spoiler not need when starting a thread ?
    My point is that if you add up all the days of road racing, I'd have to pretty much avoid the forum from January to the end of October! But wait, there's also cyclocross and track. Sod it, I might as well not come on here at all...

There's nothing wrong with writing about races inside threads. What we are p'd off about is people telling us the results outside the threads! If I was stupid enough to enter a thread discussing a stage race before I watched my recordings of it, that would be my fault!
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    ColinJ wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:
    Yea all good and well but the point remains if you dont want to know the result dont visit the forum. If you do visit and find out the result then as far as im concerned its your own fault.
    I use the forum because I like to use the forum. I don't want to accidentally see race results because I never watch them live and prefer not to know the result when I watch the recording of the race. Like thousands of others, I record the coverage and watch it in the evenings. So what you are saying is if 10,000 people like me want to use the forum and not see the results, hard cheese - we should basically f**k off the forum for the entire racing season because there are a few people who can't be arsed to worry what other people think - nice!
    Moray Gub wrote:
    As for your point about three week tours are we prevented from posting about a great race or exploit for weeks on end , because some people havent got round to watching it after a week or two ? At what point is spoiler not need when starting a thread ?
    My point is that if you add up all the days of road racing, I'd have to pretty much avoid the forum from January to the end of October! But wait, there's also cyclocross and track. Sod it, I might as well not come on here at all...

There's nothing wrong with writing about races inside threads. What we are p'd off about is people telling us the results outside the threads! If I was stupid enough to enter a thread discussing a stage race before I watched my recordings of it, that would be my fault!

Of stop being a drama queen ffs, i watch cycling all season long classics grand tours ,track the works and if i have recorded something then i dont visit the forum generally until i have watched it. If i do visit i can expect to see the result somewhere If your not gonna watch something for days or weeks on end then you cant expect people to observe the conventions you speak off. Ill say it again you visit the forum and you visit the race section in particular find out the result then its 100% your own fault.For what ist worth i observe the convention but it is somewhat irratating when posters come on complaining about there not being a spolier. I rememeber during the TDF a poster started a thread about a mountain stage three days earlier and someone shouted spoiler plz.........he was correctly told politely where to go.

cheers
    MG
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • Nicole has had a fantastic year,lets hope Adrian Chiles doesn't interview her this year.[/quote]

Too right Campag Chris. We'd probably get more inciteful questions like: erm, how many gears has your bike got?