Have i been ripped off?

adamski1000
adamski1000 Posts: 6
edited September 2008 in MTB buying advice
i placed an order for 2 kenda inner tubes from discountbicles.co.uk, the only problem is they have sent me impac tubes instead - which is interesting because they don't list them on their site and seem to have been discontinued by other traders

the trader claims that the tubes are the same quality but i am not sure whether they have sent me an inferior item to make more profit

have i been diddled? (i don't beleive there has been a "packing error")

i don't want to go into detail about how they responded, but i know the sale of goods act and know my rights, so if they have sent me an inferior product (which i suspect) then i will make sure i put the situation right

beleive me, i will neve buy from them again

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Tubes are much of a muchness really. If they are the same weight, they will probably be the same tube.
  • thanks for the reply

forgive the ignorance, but how do you find out the weight? (sensible answers only please :-) )
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Sometimes printed on the box (ie if a specific light weight tube). I would guess that many tubes with different brand names on them come out of the same factory.
  • it's a 26" x 1.5 to 2.1 MTB tube, same dimensions of the current kenda tube

but it's the principle of the thing that is causing the permanent frown crease in my forehead

thanks for the reality check though, much appreciated

Adamski
  • Zippy
    Zippy Posts: 189
    Yes, you've been ripped-off, all right: I've had three or four 'Impac'-brand innertubes explode on me, sometimes within minutes of first use. (And no, they haven't had pinch-flats: I've never been Northern Lined i.e.had tube-trouble, before.) Unfortunately, my nearest bike-shop is that emporium of tat, C*cle K*ng. Their response? 'Innertubes are not a warranty item'. I wouldn't mind had I been jumping-off mountains on me bike or somesuch but no: the tubes were for my 'pobbling down the town'-bike. (And I go really s-l-o-w-l-y: my route to town is on cycle-paths, much of it through parks, so I look at the scenery and ride about as fast as Miss Marple with a bad case of the chalfonts.)

I'd send 'em back, and insist on a refund as well as your cost of postage.

Good luck.

Zippy.