Back after a few years out, and loving it !

jmillen
jmillen Posts: 627
edited October 2008 in MTB general
Well, I've finally done it...got back into the mountain biking game.

I've been out of the scene for a good few years, but at 27, I'm back. Woohooo :D

In the last 2 weeks I've purchased:

'08 Carrera Fury
Giro Helmet
Cateye Strada Wireless computer
Ay Up front light set (just the roadie version for now)
Cateye LD610 rear light
Various clothing items

Its amazing how quickly the cost can add up! Anyway I just wanted to share my enthusiasm as my Ay Up's arrived today (I only ordered them yesterday) and I've just done my first night ride in far too long. Loving it !

Happy to answer any q's about the items above if you were thinking of buying them, but seeing some of your bikes and kit, I can see I'm going to have to build my way up slowly :lol:

Take care all
James
2010 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Expert Carbon
2014 De Rosa R848
Carrera TDF Ltd Commuter

Comments

• missmarple
    missmarple Posts: 1,980
    Night rides are the best in my opinion, a little less busy so it gives you time to think and get away from it all!

The Carrera is a nice bike too! :wink:
  • jason31
    jason31 Posts: 40
    haha welcome back..... i was out of the show and bought mysen a banshhe 2 months back nw .. i think i lost loads of bottle though lol i have my king cobra lid now .tee-hee
  • jmillen wrote:
    Well, I've finally done it...got back into the mountain biking game.

I've been out of the scene for a good few years, but at 27, I'm back. Woohooo :D

LOL! Ditto.

I also had a few years out.

I'm also 27.

Bought an '07 Kona Stinky, Giro Hex, 661 Gloves, Knee/Shin pads in March....

Snapped my femur riding Esher Shore. :cry:

That was 5 months ago and i'm STILL not fit to ride.

Moral of the story...

Don't be a numpty like me and build back up to your previous level slowly :wink:
  • jmillen
    jmillen Posts: 627
    Sorry to hear about your accident, but you have no worries there, lol...Slow it is !

Although I got caught out in one mother of a down pour earlier which was an experience, I left my Aldi waterproof at home (which to be fair wouldn't have stood a chance against this rain/wind).

Getting back into it slowly though, and remembering why I enjoyed it so much a few years ago...
    2010 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Expert Carbon
    2014 De Rosa R848
    Carrera TDF Ltd Commuter
  • jmillen wrote:
    and remembering why I enjoyed it so much a few years ago...

No feeling quite like it is there?