Prolapsed(slipped) disc + sciatica- its finally defeated me

2»

Comments

• Ha ha
    having just spoken to my wife, who gave birth a few months back, she has put me in the picture and even brought out a leaflet showing what to do! I had no idea.........
  • doog442
    doog442 Posts: 370
    ashpreston wrote:
    Ha ha
    having just spoken to my wife, who gave birth a few months back, she has put me in the picture and even brought out a leaflet showing what to do! I had no idea.........

:D

was told this ;

lie on your back with knees up,feet flat on ground and arms by your side, physio said 'try and lift your testacles' :wink: without your hands of course...hold it and try and breath at the same time.Dont clench your bum. :)

This is really difficult trust me but within a few days you will be able to control these muscles,in addition lie on floor in same position and gently pull pelvis up towards you and at the same time do the pelvic floor exercise. I saw her again today and now have some advanced techniques.lucky old me...

I didnt realise that the sciatic nerve runs right through these very muscles....

Im doing plenty of walking as well,the bike is a no no at the moment im afraid