Shaven Shame

damage36
damage36 Posts: 282
edited October 2008 in The bottom bracket
Yesterday, after a weeks enthusiastic riding to rid me of holiday fat, I decided to shave my legs. well I say that, but I only shaved one for an experiment, but I they're going to have to get matched.
Any way to the matter at hand. Upon revealing my slick pins to my girlfriend she reacted, and I quote,

"OMG, f***ing hell!!!!!"

Shes not a happy bunny, whilst I find the whole thing hilarious, me finding it funny makes her more angry, which makes it even funnier.

Anyone else angered the gods with their shaving shenanignas?
Legs, lungs and lycra.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Comments

• Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    damage36 wrote:
    Anyone else angered the gods with their shaving shenanignas?
    Oh yes, every March when I get ready for the race season (club byelaw that you can't race hairy :wink: ) - she's getting used to it, but that first unveiling always causes a few "plucked turkey drumstrick" comments. :oops:
  • CHRISNOIR
    CHRISNOIR Posts: 1,400
    I'm under strict orders; shaved legs = single Chris.

This information could be used to my advantage should things go wrong... :twisted:
  • I think the issue is probably the one hairy/one shaved bit.

If it's not, you need a new gf/wife ;)
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    My girlfriend cried !

Pah - its not like it was her legs that were cut to shreds ! I clearly recall the razor taking a lovely tanned sliver of flesh off - like it was a potato peeler. Owwww
  • Mog Uk
    Mog Uk Posts: 964
    Jeez, I get shouted at if I let the hair grow back... Kinda creates a velcro effect under the sheets, smooth all the way baby..... :lol:
  • Weird......my missus loves me being 'slippery' as she calls it. :D

She says there's less friction.......................but I'm not sure whether that's a good thing :wink:
    'How can an opinion be bullsh1t?' High Fidelity
  • Quite why I decided this time of year to do it I don't know. It feels pretty cold.

I was going to cycle to work today, but I didn't think it was an option to go anywhere with one hair leg haha.
    Legs, lungs and lycra.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Nutter !

Its lovely and cool in the summer - thats when I'd do it.

CBA'd now tho.
  • My girlfriend doesn't mind too much. She think it makes me look ''macho'' as it shows off ones leg definition more.

I tend to let the hairs grow back over winter. However, she now prefers that I shave them all the time as shaved legs feel better to her when she's giving me a leg massage.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Why shave, why not use depilatory cream like Veet?
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Why shave, why not use depilatory cream like Veet?
    because it stinks, and the results last no longer than shaving. And when you're doing it 3 or 4 times a week, Veet gets pricey.
  • because it stinks, and the results last no longer than shaving. And when you're doing it 3 or 4 times a week, Veet gets pricey.

Do you read Heat magazine, as well? :wink::lol:
  • Do you read Heat magazine, as well?

is that a prerequisite of leg shaving?
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    How high do you shave? Where do you stop shaving?
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • For my trial leg, mid thigh, above the shorts. I even tried to blend the shaved region into the other part... NICE

And to think I considered rugby the most homo-erotic sport I've played. Haha.
    Legs, lungs and lycra.

• Do you read Heat magazine, as well?

is that a prerequisite of leg shaving?

It'll give you :wink: some ideas about Accessorising
  • damage36 wrote:

You should try rowing...
  • How high do you shave? Where do you stop shaving?

throat
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    I'd go no higher than eyebrows.
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    As for me, my wife tells me she doesn't want me to shave my legs. I do anyway, pretty
    much because she told me not to and at near 60 years of age I sort of have the opinion
    that NO ONE tells me I can't shave my legs. One thing to remember though is that you need
    to have a good looking pair of legs if you decide to shave. There are people out there
    who really shouldn't shave because, well, it sometimes uncovers some weird looking
    appendages.

Dennis Noward
  • I made my girlfriend apply the hair removal cream :twisted:
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • I don't know if it is just me, but that hair removal cream does not do the job for me. I always have loads of hair left after I have cleaned it off with that scouring pad you get with it.

Sorry, I am on the 'Leg shaving - The right way' discussion board aren't I? :oops: :lol:
  • Oh, I forgot to add, when I clicked on the thread, I had a couple of looks over my sholder 1st....
  • damage36 wrote:

You should try rowing...

err.... I was also a rower... :oops:
    Legs, lungs and lycra.

• clanton
    clanton Posts: 1,289
    redvee wrote:
    How high do you shave? Where do you stop shaving?

Ah - fur shorts! First time was just to the length of lycra shorts but then when in normal shorts you have a furry 2 inches sticking out the bottom! So last time went higher.
  • k-dog
    k-dog Posts: 1,652
    ^ just below the ears?
    I'm left handed, if that matters.
  • I'm far too lazy for shaving. That goes for my face as well.
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    damage36 wrote:
    damage36 wrote:

You should try rowing...

err.... I was also a rower... :oops:

fencing anyone....apparently there is a new lunge :wink:
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • pah! legs only,

I used to swim, the only bits that didn't get shaved were under the speedo's and under the rubber hat.

When the chest starts to grow back the itching can drive you insane.

go the whole hog, you know you want to !
  • so no-one gets their pins waxed like us girlies then ( the pros wax surely...)?