Luz-Ardiden

APIII
APIII Posts: 2,010
edited October 2008 in Tour & expedition
Last Thursday I had the fortune to be able to take a break from sightseeing duties, hire a bike and climb Luz-Ardiden. Wow! what an absolutely stunning climb, and much quieter than any of the other big Pyrenean climbs. I was very impressed. Oh well, it's been a horrible week back at work. I'll keep this on my desktop until I can go back next spring :D

luzardidenvu4.jpg

Comments

• I climbed it early in September. Its a nice climb isnt it. Very similar to d'huez I thought.
    Quite eerie at the top in the summer though.
  • Mate that's a stunning pic. I was in the pyrenees a couple of weeks ago (climbed the Port de Larrau, from the Spanish side). I love the pyrenees. That brought back some memories. Chapeau!!
  • that's a smashing picture, thanks for posting it.
  • canamdad
    canamdad Posts: 165
    I rode it in 1990 and watched Indurain and Lemond battle it out to the finish. Lemond went into yellow and won the tour that year but the torch had been passed to Indurain. Although I have great memories of that day, it was truly crazy with people all over the road. Your picture has a tranquility that most climbs in the Pyrenees share at any other time than during the Tour.