What size??

Marshall2000
Marshall2000 Posts: 7
edited September 2008 in Commuting chat
I am 6' 2" and I normally ride a 19" MTB, im looking at getting a commuter to ride to work on. i think ive narrowed it down to the Ironhorse Transit 3 (due to it being a good spec and price) http://www.winstanleysbikes.co.uk/product/15277/Ironhorse_Transit_3_Disc_Bike_2008

question is what size would you recommend as i dont understand the sizing on road bikes ??

Cheers in advance

Marshall

Comments

• Littigator
    Littigator Posts: 1,262
    Hmmm that's a weird one, I'd say the 53 is too small and the 58 possibly a tad too big but there's nothing in between.

It also depends on the top tube length and the geometry so really you should try and test ride one if at all possible
    Roadie FCN: 3

Fixed FCN: 6
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,586
    Tricky one, as that isn't 'really' a road bike, so sometimes usual rules do not apply.

For example.

I ride a 17.5" MTB, but as it's a Marin, that is actually more like a 19" frame.
    My commuter (Hybrid) is a 20" Frame
    My roadie is a 56cm frame.

I'm 5ft 10 with a 34" inside leg.

However, my Marin Highway One, is a 47.5cm frame, but has a long top tube........

You need some more dimensions really, if your not going to manage to try it out.

A friend bought a hybrid from WS recently, and they mailed him various frame measurements, which helped him make the decision, and it fits him fine.

Good luck.

Dan
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    I'd have thought the 58cm would fit perfectly fwiw.
  • Me to. I am 6"2 and I ride road bikes from 58 - 60 cm in standard geometry.
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    And I'm 6' with 34" inside leg and my 58cm bikes are a teeny bit too big for me.