Great advert!!

jerry3571
jerry3571 Posts: 1,532
edited September 2008 in Pro race
Have a look at this one! Great stuff!!
Cheers Jerry

http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w97/ ... ubliTV.flv
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

"You can't ride the Tour de France on mineral water."
-Jacques Anquetil

Comments

• Lovely idea. However, just showing it around the office and the typical reaction is laughter at the bear with no reference to the message at the end. So top marks for entertainment, poor mark for effectiveness.
  • That's a good advert. I completely missed the bear, following the ball around. I like the concept.
  • True, but at the end of the day the message lost, gooooodbye tax pounds!
  • Moomaloid
    Moomaloid Posts: 2,040
    Its crap... corse you missed the bear coz it wasn't there.

A hard hitting ad showing a cyclist getting hit would work so much better. This isn't Cadbury's, and the ad is really really poor. This subject is a massive concern that needs addressing. Those quit smoking ads were great coz they hit the nail on the head, thats what we need.
  • Moomaloid wrote:
    Its crap... corse you missed the bear coz it wasn't there.

A hard hitting ad showing a cyclist getting hit would work so much better. This isn't Cadbury's, and the ad is really really poor. This subject is a massive concern that needs addressing. Those quit smoking ads were great coz they hit the nail on the head, thats what we need.

The bear was there...

But on your points - I totally agree. I just hope they don't go for another of those adverts where we see the small girl at the side of the road with all her bones broken; 'tis a bit much. But something quite hard-hitting so that people are more aware of cyclists using the roads.

One of my friends complains about cyclists causing accidents on roundabouts and just generally being a nuisance in the city. I have to correct her and make it clear that most cyclists (as in the type wearing lycra and using the roads all the time) are not usually at fault for incidents like that. In my experience, usually it's a driver getting into the wrong lane and then treating the cyclist with zero respect and bullying their way in or waving fingers and beeping horns at the cyclist who happens to be stopping them from just cutting back into the correct lane.
  • jerry3571
    jerry3571 Posts: 1,532
    Yes, the bear is there in the first showing. I think it demonstrates that all drivers are all fallible. I think the other advert where the little girl gets hit by a car has made me keep to the speed limit for sure. This bear advert demonstrates how distractions can be hugely dangerous (roundabouts etc). Adverts can work on your subconscious so an advert like this could have some subtle impact.
    I've never seen this ad on TV though. :?
    An amazing advert all the same.
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

"You can't ride the Tour de France on mineral water."
    -Jacques Anquetil