Bronte country and Wharfedale ride.

Steve GT
Steve GT Posts: 383
I know its short notice, but I am planning a ride and invite anyone to join me.

When: Sunday 5th October 2008 – starting at 09:30.

Start point : Menston Railway Station.

Route : Menston, Bingley, Harden, Haworth, Elslack, Gargrave, Hetton, Burnsall, Bolton Abbey, Beamsley, Ilkley, Askwith, Otley and back to Menston.

Around 63 miles with quite a bit of climbing, especially at the beginning.

Any takers?
Crediamo in te, bici!
My Bikes.

Comments

• ColinJ
    ColinJ Posts: 2,218
    It sounds good Steve, but unfortunately it clashes with Season of Mists which I've already signed up to do.
  • I'm interested. I've been in Ilkley for a while now but haven't really explored anywhere south of the A65 so this sounds good. As far as I'm aware there isn't a piss-up the night before either, so I should actually turn up!
  • BR automatically changes 'p**s' to 'wee-wee'! How twee...
  • nasahapley wrote:
    I'm interested. I've been in Ilkley for a while now but haven't really explored anywhere south of the A65 so this sounds good. As far as I'm aware there isn't a wee-wee-up the night before either, so I should actually turn up!

That will great. It's a very nice route, weather permitting, although you will be very familiar with the return leg from Burnsall.
    My default ride on Sunday mornings when I cannot be bothered to think of somewhere else to to go, is from Menston to Burnsall for coffee and tea cake at the 2 sisters cafe in Burnsall - I may have passed you often on a Sunday morning!
    Crediamo in te, bici!
    My Bikes.
  • fraz167
    fraz167 Posts: 142
    Hi Steve,

Hope you are well.

I would be keen to do this, but would need to be back in Headingley for 1230, I take harry to swimming lessons at 1300.

Couid you do this on the Saturday?

Thanks
    Fraser
  • fraz167 wrote:
    Hi Steve,

Hope you are well.

I would be keen to do this, but would need to be back in Headingley for 1230, I take harry to swimming lessons at 1300.

Couid you do this on the Saturday?

Thanks
    Fraser

Sorry Fraser, I cannot make it on the Saturday.
    We also would not be back by 1200 on the Sunday.
    Crediamo in te, bici!
    My Bikes.
  • Steve GT
    Steve GT Posts: 383
    Due to the bad weather and me having a bit of a cold and sore throat, the ride is off.
    Sorry.
    Crediamo in te, bici!
    My Bikes.
  • No worries Steve, might go for a ride round that way anyway. Get well soon!