I JUST CANT BELIVE IT

nipon
nipon Posts: 68
edited September 2008 in The bottom bracket
My wife rides about 20 miles a day to keep fit on her scr2,yestarday she could hear a car coming up from behind so kept in the best she could as the car over took it was so close the wing mirror cought her leg so hard that it broke back.she managed to keep control of the bike but her leg is bruised and swollen.But what i cant belive is the car didnt even stop.It was on a wide country road and there were no other cars coming.surely this is a hit and run. :evil:

Comments

• Yes, it was!
    I assume she didn't manage to get the twat's reg number?
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    Also, if it was deliberate, it could be viewed as assault, I think!
    I hope she did get the plate, but could understand if it wasn't the first thing that jumped into her mind!
    Must have been quite a shock.
    Hope she recovers from the experience and carries on cycling.
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • :evil: shet is not that hard to avoid a cyclist isn´t it???
    man there are some $%§%§ :!: # up people out there!!! :!:

best wishes and fast recovery to your wife.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    She should report it to the police. Does she have any idea of the car/model ? Maybe that route is a regular one for the car to use ? I'd go back the same time next week to see if I can spot it ?
  • It might be an idea to photograph your wife's injuries so that if you do see the tw@t again and report him to the police thy have some evidence rather than just hearsay.
    But apart from that how anyone can do something like that for no reason is I dunno ......incomprehensible is a good word
    The gear changing, helmet wearing fule.
    FCN :- -1
    Given up waiting for Fast as Fupp to start stalking me
  • Yes I'd take a photo of the injury too!

Hard as it is to believe, people do do things like this on purpose. :evil: