Lance on fixed

mrushton
mrushton Posts: 5,182
edited September 2008 in Pro race
Here he is in July 2008 with some fixie guys. Scary traffic antics! Click on the 'Austin'box

www.mashsf.com/videos.php
M.Rushton

Comments

• looks fun
  • awesome video!!!
    Amazing that these guys end up at Lance's gaff looking at his Yellow jerseys.
    cool!
  • Really good video. What an experience that must have been for them
    ============================================

FCN is minimal as I don't see many bikes on the way to work
  • aarw
    aarw Posts: 448
    think it would be quite an experience for him...
  • Watching that video makes me want to get a fixie.
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Fricking nutters going thru traffic junctions like that ! Fantastic fixed riding though. V impressive and he looks smooth on his.
  • blorg
    blorg Posts: 1,169
    I noticed the RLJing at around 1 minute in all right. Observance of traffic laws and general respect for other road users goes up markedly when Lance joins the bunch. Don't have much respect for mad skillz if you are relying on a motorist's quick reaction to your lawbreaking to avoid getting squashed. Now where's my pipe and slippers...
  • aarw
    aarw Posts: 448
    if you go to the front page of that site it'll automatically play the same video. At the end it has credits and shows LA trying to pull a skid...at about 4 mph... :lol:
  • cougie
    Reminds me of a kid who couldnt help but join in our bike ride thru Connahs Quay last Saturday - he overtook us - we were keeping up with the slow traffic - then undertook a few cars - getting almost squashed once, and clipping a mirror another time, and then when he'd proved his point - about being faster than us I guess - he did a U-turn in traffic, nearly got squashed again and carried on his way.

Connahs Quay isnt quite as photogenic as Austin, and I'm not Lance, but a v similar situation. Kinda. ;-)
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    cougie wrote:
    Reminds me of a kid who couldnt help but join in our bike ride thru Connahs Quay last Saturday -

Connahs Quay isnt quite as photogenic as Austin, and I'm not Lance, but a v similar situation. Kinda. ;-)

Is there a newish bridge at Connahs Quay ? i remember my father working down there for a couple of years before he retired

cheers
    MG
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • There's the suspension bridge over the Dee, which is pretty new!
  • cougie
    There is MG - that is quite stunning - but this was thru the busy town centre. The new bridge looks very continental IMHO. http://www.aidan.co.uk/photo6100.htm