Internet dating websites..... a whole lot of lovin'

hobbescp
hobbescp Posts: 197
edited September 2008 in The bottom bracket
Quite simply, most fun I've had in ages - pretty expensive to be out dating all the time but it's interesting and plenty of "perks".... :wink:

Anyone else been putting themselves out there...? If so, any good stories?

Comments

• I might be but if I told you you would go and look and then find out stuff about me that I may not want finding out and might scare the horses :shock:

Sooo yes and no is the answer :P
    The gear changing, helmet wearing fule.
    FCN :- -1
    Given up waiting for Fast as Fupp to start stalking me
  • I met my current GF via online dating! Had some good and some disastrous experiences but once you get over the attached stigma (actually not a single mate of mine gave me grief) then it's great and beats trying to chat girls up in bars, something A: I'm rubbish at and B: most girls seem to hate anyway!

Word of warning - watch out for false advertising (i.e people that only post headshots), I have nothing against larger people but have no desire to date someone who is obese - especially when they order half the menu and then expect me to pay for it all!
  • Just remember not to burble on about cycling or about your new carbon wheels on your date.
    The gear changing, helmet wearing fule.
    FCN :- -1
    Given up waiting for Fast as Fupp to start stalking me
  • hisoka
    hisoka Posts: 541
    Answers to the questions.

Yes, putting myself out there

No, no good stories.
    "This area left purposefully blank"
    Sign hung on my head everyday till noon.

FCN: 11 (apparently)
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,702
    Kind of - Met my current girlfriend online, wasn't on a dating site (it was actually on the previous incarnation of this site, one of the MTB forums).
  • A couple got married having met on here once iirc
    Dan