Spanish MTB Holiday!

ringo42
ringo42 Posts: 21
edited March 2009 in Routes
I'm seriously thinking of heading off to Spain with my bike sometime next year. Does anyone have any experience of bike holidays? Which companies would you recommend etc?

Thanks

Phil

Comments

• www.sierracycling.com for good xc trails. Depends on what type of riding you do. Email Alan with your expectations/questions and take it from there.
  • Chaka Ping
    Chaka Ping Posts: 1,451
    Freeride Spain are good.

The Freeride bit in the name is a bit of a misnomer, more big climbs and great technical descents than "freeride" as it's usually used.
  • muzza31
    muzza31 Posts: 19
    hey check switch backs.com they are based in the serria nevada mountians and do a excellant job.. good prices and great riding...... check out their website switchbacks.com
    rip it up like crazy.. feel the burn...
  • Try JoyRiders in Andalucia. They cater for all levels of riders and are very friendly. My girlfriend and I just came back from a weeks holiday with them. I've been over to Spain with them 3 times in the past year and really enjoyed myself.

My girlfriend is a complete novice on a bike but by the end of the week, was hitting the black runs with the rest of us with no problems at all.

They have a jacuzzi for relaxing after a hard days riding, free beer and wine in the fridge too. They have a fleet of bikes to hire too, all Specialized Stumpjumper FSRs, with a couple of Pitches if you fancy something with a bit more travel.

Check them out at http://www.joy-riders.com

Hope this helps...
    2010 Lynskey R230
    2013 Yeti SB66
  • IcarusGreen
    IcarusGreen Posts: 1,486
    I went with Sierra Cycling about 2 tears ago, had a great time, the guides were great and the rides varried and taylored to what we wanted (there was 15 in our group). When not riding, there's a pool at the villa, loads of cheap good resteraunts and within walking distance of the bars and nightlife as well as being right on the sea front.

I highly recomend them. www.sierracycling.com
    + 1001 posts reset by the cruel cruel moderators!

Giant Trance X4 (2010)
    Giant SCR 02 (2006)
  • I recommmend Sierracycling too,
    Am off out there again at Easter, this will be my 2nd trip with them. Just don't expect military planning, they are all very relaxed and after all it is a holiday
    ...................................................................................................

www.justgiving.co.uk/simonjansma
  • JohnI
    JohnI Posts: 6
    Another recommendation for Switchbacks Mountain bike holidays. If you prefer descending to climbing they are great. I'm a regular as I prefer a short climb to start the day and then the rest of the day descending.

I can do long climbs at home but not the quality trails they have there.

Also I think Switch-backs are one of only a couple of fully legal companies in Spain.
  • Another vote for Joyriders. Top notch accommodation which is quite rare for biking holidays.