I cannot leave it alone, I am addicted.

boybiker
boybiker Posts: 531
edited September 2008 in The bottom bracket
Only this morning I was thinking I would have a few days off my bike as I had done a lot of hard riding over the weekend and my legs were suffering , 6 hours later I have signed up for another road race and a long hilly club ride and find myself thinking how I can get home before it gets dark so I can go riding tonight. If cycling was a drug they would have banned it by now.
Still it stops me going out and mugging old ladies I suppose :?
The gear changing, helmet wearing fule.
FCN :- -1
Given up waiting for Fast as Fupp to start stalking me

Comments

• boybiker wrote:
    Only this morning I was thinking I would have a few days off my bike as I had done a lot of hard riding over the weekend and my legs were suffering , 6 hours later I have signed up for another road race and a long hilly club ride and find myself thinking how I can get home before it gets dark so I can go riding tonight. If cycling was a drug they would have banned it by now.

If you think road racing is addictive try triathlon......God, I'm seeing long steel bike racks and swim caps in my sleep. Unfortunately I stink of chlorine 24/7. The wife is not happy, but at least I'm clean! (both hygienically and biologically, you understand :wink: )
    'How can an opinion be bullsh1t?' High Fidelity
  • boybiker wrote:

If you think road racing is addictive try triathlon......God, I'm seeing long steel bike racks and swim caps in my sleep. Unfortunately I stink of chlorine 24/7. The wife is not happy, but at least I'm clean! (both hygienically and biologically, you understand :wink: )
    All the tri-people round here splash about in the sea so I am sue they don't smell of chlorine :shock:
  • boybiker wrote:
    Only this morning I was thinking I would have a few days off my bike as I had done a lot of hard riding over the weekend and my legs were suffering , :?
    You love it really, Kid. Besides, the more you do the better you get, AND, at this stage of the season, any miles are good miles.
    I continuously have this nervous desire to get on the road at the end of the day but, as i work at a Uni, my ends-of-the-day are getting more and more busy, just as the light is consistently fading. This w/e was great with sunshine right up to 8pm here.
    End-of-day riding means playing with W Mids traffic at going-home time which DOES NOT make for happy bike-riding, especially if I am grinding up a slope with disgrintled "bloody-bikes-slowing-me-down-on-the-way-home" types queued up behind me. :(
    I usually end up in the garage cleaning a chain, just to be doing something with a bike...
    Spring!
    Singlespeeds in town rule.
  • Soon enough you'll start dreaming about cycling too.

I gave my girlfriend a good kick on the shin one time. Explaining (after she had punched me very hard in the face and woken me up) that I was about to drop Indurain, Ullrich, Hinault, Roche, Kelly and Chiapucci on Alp d'Huez, she still didn't see how wrong she was to wake me.

Apparently I nodded back off muttering "I was going to take the stage, i'd gone, i'd gone..."
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • i thought this post was going to be about your angry stick

yours disappointedly

fupp :(
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'

yours disappointedly

I thought you were supposed to be stalking the boy, so you'd know all about it already....
    Spring!
    Singlespeeds in town rule.
  • Soon enough you'll start dreaming about cycling too.

I gave my girlfriend a good kick on the shin one time. Explaining (after she had punched me very hard in the face and woken me up) that I was about to drop Indurain, Ullrich, Hinault, Roche, Kelly and Chiapucci on Alp d'Huez, she still didn't see how wrong she was to wake me.

Apparently I nodded back off muttering "I was going to take the stage, i'd gone, i'd gone..."

Ha ha thats a pretty cool dream, the sort where you wake up wondering why your legs hurt so much.

yours disappointedly

You are disappointed? how do you think I feel telling everyone I had a stalker only for him to turn out to be the worlds worst stalker who hasn't even had the decency to peer in my window when I am getting dressed. :x
    :x :x :x :x

I am going to complain to the stalker quality assurance people.
  • FSR_XC
    FSR_XC Posts: 2,258
    I thought you were going to tell us that since passing your test, you've become addicted to driving everywhere.

Have to agree with idaviesmoore, triathlons are more addictive.
    Stumpjumper FSR 09/10 Pro Carbon, Genesis Vapour CX20 ('17)Carbon, Rose Xeon CW3000 '14, Raleigh R50

http://www.visiontrack.com
  • boybiker wrote:
    i thought this post was going to be about your angry stick

yours disappointedly

You are disappointed? how do you think I feel telling everyone I had a stalker only for him to turn out to be the worlds worst stalker who hasn't even had the decency to peer in my window when I am getting dressed. :x
    :x :x :x :x

I am going to complain to the stalker quality assurance people.

ah told yer boy- i cant find button moon on google maps
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,700
    http://www.google.com/moon/

He's near the Apollo 15 landing site.
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    FSR_XC wrote:
    I thought you were going to tell us that since passing your test, you've become addicted to driving everywhere.

Have to agree with idaviesmoore, triathlons are more addictive.

I agree too, although the cycling is the best part of training!!