Decent routes.

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited September 2008 in Routes
Hi.

Does anyone know any fairly decent routes around/out of manchester that dont involve too many 2/3lane roads and super busy roads? Preferably from the city center, I dare not go out on my bike as I know no where and the roads are so busy and I am getting lost easilly!

Comments

• Tara911
    Tara911 Posts: 136
    if you can get to Didsbury you can get on the Trans Pennine trail... runs along the Mersey. I found a few paths that were more interesting than the trail as the trail is rather flat.
    The futures bright....

The future is PINK
  • Anonymous
    Tara911 wrote:
    if you can get to Didsbury you can get on the Trans Pennine trail... runs along the Mersey. I found a few paths that were more interesting than the trail as the trail is rather flat.

Suitable for road bikes??
  • Tara911
    not really... well you did post in the MTB section :wink:
    The futures bright....

The future is PINK
  • Anonymous
    Tara911 wrote:
    not really... well you did post in the MTB section :wink:

Yea off topic since there is no off topic anywhere else.
  • Tara911
    I believe that heading to Rusholme there are decent cycle paths... some are in the park.

I'll have a look on my cycle map tomorrow and come up with some ideas for you. :)
    The futures bright....

The future is PINK
  • Anonymous
    Tara911 wrote:
    I believe that heading to Rusholme there are decent cycle paths... some are in the park.

I'll have a look on my cycle map tomorrow and come up with some ideas for you. :)

Are they long? I'm wanting to do sort of 40mile loops if possible.
  • Tara911
    Manchester to Macc and back would be about that. The A6 can be busy in parts, but once you are past stockport it's not too bad.
    The futures bright....

The future is PINK
  • hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    I'm sure you'd get plenty of direct help by posting in the 'Road' section of the forum.
    The guys over there are helpful, too. :wink:
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!