Cannondale, Trek or Giant?

pottssteve
pottssteve Posts: 4,069
edited September 2008 in The bottom bracket
Who makes the best road bikes, for the money?
Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs

Comments

• Not enough choices, i would have said Kuota or Bianchi but ah well, life goes on i suppose!
  • paul27
    paul27 Posts: 515
    Agreed, I would suggest Pinarello or Kuota,
    so much choice, so little pennies
  • For a rrp of £2300 the new Trek Madone 5.2 is a damm good bike for the money.

But Trek wont get many votes on here no matter how good of a bike they make, because a certain Mr Armstrong rode Trek.

Same bike but if it said Pinarello or Colnago on it and not Trek suddenly it becomes a awesome bike.

But then again £ for £ i could say my £595 Ribble winter bike is great value for money.
  • pottssteve
    I chose these 3 because they are the most readily available where I live (together with Merida, come to think of it...)
  • hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    I voted for Giant, but, only because there is no Orbea check box! :wink:

Just love that Orca! :twisted:
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • ChrisLS
    ChrisLS Posts: 2,749
    ...I own a 2 Treks, one road and one off road and they are excellent bikes for the money...and I bought mine because Lance Armstrong rode Trek...
    ...all the way...'til the wheels fall off and burn...
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    I thought Lance said it's not about the bike?
  • He also said "i love taking drugs", that was him, wasn't it?
  • You really need to get yourself a test ride on an Italian bike. Then you won't be posting such pointless polls.
  • pottssteve
    Earthbound - I can't easily get a test ride on an Italian bike here.

And what's more pointless than responding to a "pointless" poll?! :wink:
  • As their new advert says 12 Grand tours in 10 years

If you use race results as your guide it is trek by a long way in the CARBON era.
  • nypd wrote:
    For a rrp of £2300 the new Trek Madone 5.2 is a damm good bike for the money.

But Trek wont get many votes on here no matter how good of a bike they make, because a certain Mr Armstrong rode Trek.

Same bike but if it said Pinarello or Colnago on it and not Trek suddenly it becomes a awesome bike.

Sorry but that's just b0ll0cks. Have you ridden all 3? I test rode a Madone last year as well as several others in the silly£ bracket. Didn't really like the Madone, just didn't feel right for me - sure it was down to the Geometry but anyway. Ended up buying a Pinarello and it felt very different to the Trek. Both great bikes but they really are not the "same."

I don't really like Trek though. Nothing to do with Lance who I have the utmost respect for despite the naysayers. I just don't like the way the Madone felt and Trek seem incapable of coming up with some decent livery.