Banned from recycling

Comments

• Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    It would be the same in Bristol - you are only allowed to enter the recycling centre in a car/van.
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    spen666 wrote:
    ... if their specially trained staff came to people's homes & collected all their rubbish from there- say every week on a set date ...
    Great idea, Spen. It'll never happen though.
  • buckles
    buckles Posts: 694
    Disgraceful.
    25% off your first MyProtein order: sign up via https://www.myprotein.com/referrals.lis ... EE-R29Y&li or use my referral code LEE-R29Y
  • Outrageous, the sort of thing i like to read on Twitter or in the Daily Mail.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    I like this. In order to be environmentally friendly and recycle, you have to expend unneccessary fossil fuels getting there. The logical approach of course is simply to provide pedestrian access to a safe corner of the site and have stuff sort out any stuff that needs to be moved around. But this is what comes of privatising this sort of business. They are not in the business of recycling but simply making money and they aren't going to lose any by banning people who don't use cars. Fossyant makes a compelling case!
    Faster than a tent.......
  • You really couldn't make it up! Nice bike though, how much are they? Did they ban you 'cos you weren't wearing a piece of polystyrene on your head? Might be tempted to try our local tip to see what response I get!
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    I sounder what they would say if you turned up with Horse and Cart.

Banned.

Before you said Calderdale I was thinking Kirklees. Had my issues with them in the past.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Could you not just go "brum, brum, bruuuummmmmmmm" when you get to the entrance, make them think you have an engine? :D
  • Classic33
    Classic33 Posts: 374
    You really couldn't make it up! Nice bike though, how much are they? Did they ban you 'cos you weren't wearing a piece of polystyrene on your head? Might be tempted to try our local tip to see what response I get!
    Cost new about £3,500 - £3,900.
    Banned because I'm not using a road vehicle.
    Could you not just go "brum, brum, bruuuummmmmmmm" when you get to the entrance, make them think you have an engine? :D
    Think the pedals out front might just give it away, don't you?
    Classic
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Blimey!

Fri Oct 3, 2008 3:16 pm >>>>>>>> Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:43 pm :shock:

That's a fine piece of thread recycling there Classic33.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    In the context of this thread:
    As the boss of a major international recycling organisation with at least 1 branch, a website and a van, we collect from civic amenity sites. We have to wear hard hats and high viz jackets and adhere to strict rules about reversing, signing in, signing out, routes in to premises, routes out. We are even subject to waste carriers licenses, public/employee liability insurance etc etc.
    So whilst we go about our business in a highly regulated fashion, the General Public who are using these facilities are like rats - going hither and thither and are completely un-aware of their actions in relation to there own safety.
    It is a meeting point for the tree hugging looney lefties* to discuss the tofu salad they had the night before whilst standing hands on hips as a large vehicle is heading towards them with hazards flashing and "WARNING: THIS VEHICLE IS REVERSING, WARNING: THIS VEHICLE IS REVERSING" barking out as loud as dammit.
    For the OP, you are technically being discriminated against. I would write to the council saying that you are a dislexic, one legged, illiterate man with severe mental health problems and that you are also a devout muslim coming from a very rare ethnic group of which you are the 2nd last.
    They will jump so high, you will be able to see them soaring into the oblivion.

BTW - I quite like the tree hugging looney lefties.

In the context of Bottom Bracket:
    Whilst I (we even) welcome the new 'faces' due to this thread being in BB for some reason?!, I am very dissapointed at the lack of insults, back biting, pictures of noorks and pure bollox spouting. I am extremely dissapointed that the thread has not gone off topic much and deflated by the serious lack of derogatory personal comments.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Whilst I (we even) welcome the new 'faces' due to this thread being in BB for some reason?!, I am very dissapointed at the lack of insults, back biting, pictures of noorks and pure bollox spouting. I am extremely dissapointed that the thread has not gone off topic much and deflated by the serious lack of derogatory personal comments.

Nobodies stopping you from posting some noorks. As long as they come from another thread they can be considered recycled and therefore immune to mod interference.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,965
    Rolf F wrote:

Nobodies stopping you from posting some noorks. As long as they come from another thread they can be considered recycled and therefore immune to mod interference.

In the spirit of the thread, these should be recycled from 'Big Girls'.

The older I get, the better I was.

• arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    As the boss of a major international recycling organisation with at least 1 branch, a website and a van

You're being a little elaborate with the truth there Piña aren't you :P

800px_Rag_Bone_Man.jpg
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • pinno
    arran77 wrote:
    As the boss of a major international recycling organisation with at least 1 branch, a website and a van

800px_Rag_Bone_Man.jpg

That's 'Uncle Ned' and his 'Orse. He owns the Bromley* branch of the International Recycling Organisation'.

Slim pickings there - they are f******g tight cnuts in Bromley.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    arran77 wrote:

800px_Rag_Bone_Man.jpg

That's 'Uncle Ned' and his 'Orse. He owns the Bromley* branch of the International Recycling Organisation'.

Slim pickings there - they are f******g tight cnuts in Bromley.

Tell him to head over to Wombledon, they're always hoarding shite over there.
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • pinno
    Between you me and the gatepost, them lot in Wombledon try to screw you. :shock:
  • Classic33
    Classic33 Posts: 374
    As the boss of a major international recycling organisation with at least 1 branch, a website and a van, we collect from civic amenity sites. We have to wear hard hats and high viz jackets and adhere to strict rules about reversing, signing in, signing out, routes in to premises, routes out. We are even subject to waste carriers licenses, public/employee liability insurance etc etc.
    So whilst we go about our business in a highly regulated fashion, the General Public who are using these facilities are like rats - going hither and thither and are completely un-aware of their actions in relation to there own safety.
    It is a meeting point for the tree hugging looney lefties* to discuss the tofu salad they had the night before whilst standing hands on hips as a large vehicle is heading towards them with hazards flashing and "WARNING: THIS VEHICLE IS REVERSING, WARNING: THIS VEHICLE IS REVERSING" barking out as loud as dammit.
    For the OP, you are technically being discriminated against. I would write to the council saying that you are a dislexic, one legged, illiterate man with severe mental health problems and that you are also a devout muslim coming from a very rare ethnic group of which you are the 2nd last.

I am registered disabled, and try as I might the Council refuse to acknowledge the fact that they were in breach of the then Disability Discrimination Act 1995, now the Equalities Act 2011. Even when the question has been put to them direct. They simply ignore the fact that they are breaking the laws of this land.
    We are seen as second class. Apart from one day later this year. For which they want as many people as possible on bikes for when the cameras arrive. Good time for the advertising side of the Brox to be used methinks.
    Suitable wording anyone?
    Classic
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    robbarker wrote:
    Sounds like one for the papers. Ring the newsdesk at your local rag!

Where is this by the way! Any argy bargy with the staff there to provoke it?

Argy bargy? Scrap yards (ok, poetic licence)

Sheeet - its the Falklands all over again.

Next thing you'll be telling us there's loads of Marines surrendering everywhere.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    This thread has risen from the ashes :shock:

I suppose that is recycling in action.
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    Classic33 wrote:

I am registered disabled, and try as I might the Council refuse to acknowledge the fact that they were in breach of the then Disability Discrimination Act 1995, now the Equalities Act 2011. Even when the question has been put to them direct. They simply ignore the fact that they are breaking the laws of this land.
    We are seen as second class. Apart from one day later this year. For which they want as many people as possible on bikes for when the cameras arrive. Good time for the advertising side of the Brox to be used methinks.
    Suitable wording anyone?
    Firebomb their offices. Or chain yourself naked outside their offices smearing honey on your genitals and paint Van Gogh's Sunflowers on the glass door. Either method should get their attention.
  • pinno
    nathancom wrote:
    Classic33 wrote:
    In the context

...personal comments.

...used methinks.
    Suitable wording anyone?

Firebomb their offices. Or chain yourself naked outside their offices smearing honey on your genitals and paint Van Gogh's Sunflowers on the glass door. Either method should get their attention.

I'm quite worried about you Nathan.
  • nathancom
    nathancom wrote:
    Classic33 wrote:
    In the context

...personal comments.

...used methinks.
    Suitable wording anyone?

After spending 7 years fighting the council over access to the local dump I think drastic measures are required...
  • pinno
    nathancom wrote:
    nathancom wrote:
    Classic33 wrote:
    In the context

...personal comments.

...used methinks.
    Suitable wording anyone?

Firebomb their offices...attention.

After spending 7 years fighting the council over access to the local dump I think drastic measures are required...

Care to elaborate? - it would asist my political future.
  • nathancom
    Standing for election?
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    nathancom wrote:
    Standing for election?

Commissar for recycling in the Peoples Republic of Sweaties.
  • pinno
    Ballysmate wrote:
    nathancom wrote:
    Standing for election?

Commissar for recycling in the Peoples Republic of Sweaties.

Pino - CRPRS

That's got bling that has.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,605
    How about the Commissar for Unified National Tin Sorting? :) Suits you sir...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:

That would make for an interesting recruitment program:

The Commissar for Unified National Tin Sorting is searching for Willing Individuals for Learning and Labouring In an Enterprising Scheme.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,605
    Stevo 666 wrote:

That would make for an interesting recruitment program:

The Commissar for Unified National Tin Sorting is searching for Willing Individuals for Learning and Labouring In an Enterprising Scheme.
    That's what you're looking for? :shock: Quoted for future reference :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]