Glentress - Final SXC Event

boyfriday
boyfriday Posts: 103
edited October 2008 in XC and Enduro
Anyone participating on Sunday, or going down for a pre-ride practice on Saturday?

I'm looking forward to seeing this course. I have heard good things about the one used last year, and it will be nice to go to Glentress and try something a little different (kind of).

Did anyone participate last year? Good course?

Comments

• cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    OK a little late, but...

We were at GT yesterday and rode the SXC route. Flippin marvelous is what it was....especially loved the black section through the trees to the left of spooky wood....6" deep in mud, really skinny shore sections to clear the worst of it (if you could stay on!), coupled with nice big log kicker drops, spitting out onto a really bermy section of blue that I had never ridden before.....after the tight techy stuff through the trees, this was hit at warp speed! Brilliant!

Nice that some of the route was on the secret skwerl tracks and a bit off the beaten track.
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • streako
    streako Posts: 2,937
    Cee - I think the route you are describing is one of the "Secret" trails. That is one trail that is too extreme for XC, more like a downhill trail.

The actual SXC wasnt too severe, basically taking the climb to the fireroad near the top of Spooky, but then turning left and descending on muddy and rooty trails before finishing on the blue freeride and finally onto Buzzards nest.

I enjoyed it, a really well organised event.
  • turbodog
    turbodog Posts: 246
    Interesting discussions about the secret trails. You said trails, could you tell me more about them please.

I go to glentress every weekend, i would like to try them out.
  • streako
    streako Posts: 2,937
    Turbo dog - We are going to Glentress tomorrow and probably doing some of the secret trails and race links.

Saturday at 1pm start.

It is easier to show you than describe where. Be warned though, some of the stuff is black grade and will be difficult unless you are an experienced biker (I have no idea of your ability so forgive me if you are proficient!)

Let me know if you fancy it.

Nick.
  • turbodog
    turbodog Posts: 246
    Thanks for the invitation. My group is heading out on Sunday where we are hoping to do more of black routes.

I will ask around about the secret trail that you guys were talking about. Surely someone should know about this.