Am I addicted? What should I do?

linsen
linsen Posts: 1,959
edited September 2008 in Commuting chat
I went to my evening class tonight. Five miles away. Fully lit up, new reflective jacket, feeling smug when I got there. Bumped into a friend from round the corner there who said we could share lifts. I like her very much but I really don't want to drive. It's becoming an obsession..... suppose I may change my mind when the big freeze sets in or it starts to pour down...
Emerging from under a big black cloud. All help welcome

Comments

• _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    Lower yer saddle, get some pegs and offer her a backy.
  • girv73
    girv73 Posts: 842
    Talk her into cycling as well?
    Today is a good day to ride
  • linsen
    yeah right...
    Some people just don't get it do they?
  • ChrisLS
    ChrisLS Posts: 2,749
    ...stick with the bike...cycling will make you happy
    ...all the way...'til the wheels fall off and burn...
  • Littigator
    Littigator Posts: 1,262
    Tell her you like a big ring that gives you an incredibly satisfying ride and does she like that sort of thing?

What? :shock:
    Roadie FCN: 3

Fixed FCN: 6
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    linsen wrote:
    Bumped into a friend from round the corner there who said we could share lifts. I like her very much but I really don't want to drive....

Is it cycling advice you are looking for or a dating service......

She digs you and was offering you mucho bang bang.

Now I like cycling and all that but chicks offering lifts trumps a pootle round teh corner.....

I think you should get your mojo spokes tightened.
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • Greg T wrote:
    linsen wrote:
    Bumped into a friend from round the corner there who said we could share lifts. I like her very much but I really don't want to drive....

Is it cycling advice you are looking for or a dating service......

She digs you and was offering you mucho bang bang.

Now I like cycling and all that but chicks offering lifts trumps a pootle round teh corner.....

I think you should get your mojo spokes tightened.

+1
  • linsen
    give over you bunch of womanisers - I am a GIRL!!!
  • Greg T
    linsen wrote:

It still all holds true.

But is now just better.

• _Brun_
    linsen wrote:
    Well that makes all the difference. Probably don't need to bother lowering your saddle.

:)
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    linsen wrote:

And
    linsen wrote:

:D

I have nothing constructive to say.

Edit... I do now,

This was like a dream I had, 2 women and a Bianchi....
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • It's sad really isn't it, Linsen? You can't expect too much from this lot. One of them over in the SCR thread is pretending to himself that I ride around London wearing stockings...

Even though he has just accused me of actually being a man.

Intereresting.
  • Ok Linsen, if a guy you liked invited you to do something which would mean you had to re-arrange cycling schedule you'd refuse wouldya? Works both ways :o :P
  • DonDaddyD
    It's sad really isn't it, Linsen? You can't expect too much from this lot. One of them over in the SCR thread is pretending to himself that I ride around London wearing stockings...

Even though he has just accused me of actually being a man.

Intereresting.

I'm not the person in the SCR thread accusing you (just in case people think its me) but personally you need to lighten up.

I mean really the decision rests with Linsen. She cycles to the place where she gets to see this person. If she drove she would see more of her as they would share lifts.

The only question:
    Is the outcome (win or loose) worth the effort?

Only Linsen can answer that.

If your asking me what I would do, I dunno, depends on how much I liked the person. Truth of it is, if I liked her that much and I figured she liked me, just before my cycle home I'd ask her out for a drink sometime. This would give us the oppurtunity to learn more about each other, our interests and share the inner mosts of our personalities. It would also give me the chance to woo her, wear my nice shirt, trousers, shoes and bring my absolute A -game.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    Um I think you're taking it a bit too seriously there, DDD?

(are you trying to set Linsen up with an extra-marital lesbian tryst, or asking her to give her mate your phone number?)
  • DonDaddyD
    biondino wrote:
    Um I think you're taking it a bit too seriously there, DDD?

(are you trying to set Linsen up with an extra-marital lesbian tryst, or asking her to give her mate your phone number?)

Why is it always me :roll:

I really can't win.

My first post was only a bit of fun, no harm intended.

My second post was meant to make amends for the first.
    Food Chain number = 4

• Erm. You're telling me to lighten up?

I'm taking the piss just the same as everyone else round here...!
  • Littigator
    YOu're not taking my wee wee anywherre...uurrghhh that's disGUSTing, I'm appalled that anyone could honestly suggest such a thing mutter mumble mumble wee mumble shocked mumble

:shock:

• Oh the bloody censor! I did NOT say wee-wee!
  • Greg T
    Big fat elephant fanny

Did that get through the censor?

• DonDaddyD wrote:

The only question:
    Is the outcome (win or loose) worth the effort?

Only Linsen can answer that.

If your asking me what I would do, I dunno, depends on how much I liked the person. Truth of it is, if I liked her that much and I figured she liked me, just before my cycle home I'd ask her out for a drink sometime. This would give us the oppurtunity to learn more about each other, our interests and share the inner mosts of our personalities. It would also give me the chance to woo her, wear my nice shirt, trousers, shoes and bring my absolute A -game.

so lycra and a hi-vis is not your A game dateing kit...... interesting. :lol:
    Nothing in life can not be improved with either monkeys, pirates or ninjas
  • Littigator
    Greg T wrote:
    Big fat elephant fanny

big hairy monkey nuts!

• Greg T
    Littigator wrote:
    Greg T wrote:
    Big fat elephant fanny

big hairy monkey nuts!

We are one a roll!

Piss doesn't get through though.....

• Littigator
    Greg T wrote:
    Littigator wrote:
    Greg T wrote:
    Big fat elephant fanny

big hairy monkey nuts!

We are one a roll!

wee-wee doesn't get through though.....

That's what TotalNB said as well but it quite clearly does. Look...it's right there in your post :?

• _Brun_
    Greg T wrote:
    wee-wee doesn't get through though.....
    Who makes your underwear, Goretex or Pampers?
  • Greg T wrote:
    Big fat elephant fanny

my wife once BURPED those very words in a crowded bikers pub one time. She was only my g/f at the time... 5'1" in her socks and cute and blonde and lovely... and THAT came out of her gob.

I was near crying with laughter at the time - my mate who had bet she couldn't say those words then bet she couldn't say "Great Fat Hairy Nadgers".

She did. Right in the gap between tracks being played when the ENTIRE pub heard her. I had to go to the bog as I was going to wet myself if I didn't.

Honestly, the volume was astonishing
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • linsen
    oh my goodness this has all become bigger than I intended! I don't see her in the class, she does a different one. I don't fancy her (I prefer men on the whole), and if it was a fit bloke would I change my plans? Well, that would depend how my husband felt about it! I meant to say that I think the bike may be taking over. That's ALL!
  • DonDaddyD
    linsen wrote:
    oh my goodness this has all become bigger than I intended! I don't see her in the class, she does a different one. I don't fancy her (I prefer men on the whole), and if it was a fit bloke would I change my plans? Well, that would depend how my husband felt about it! I meant to say that I think the bike may be taking over. That's ALL!

That is not how the first post reads or how I will choose to remember this thread.
    Food Chain number = 4

• linsen
    point taken. We've all had a laugh anyway. And if you want to remember this as the lesbian love triangle thread, that's fine. I don't ever have to meet any of you..... (and no you can't have her phone number)
  • DonDaddyD
    linsen wrote:
    point taken. We've all had a laugh anyway. And if you want to remember this as the lesbian love triangle thread, that's fine. I don't ever have to meet any of you..... (and no you can't have her phone number)

That's Lesbian Love Triangle and a Bianchi!:P
    Food Chain number = 4