Recovered - Specialized Pitch Pro from Wolverhampton

Argh
Argh Posts: 14
edited January 2009 in MTB stolen
Stolen on Tuesday 16th September 2008 at Approx 17:15. The bike was locked up behind a row of shops in the Wolverhampton City Center, and i came out to check it and the lock had been cut and bike was missing. (Lock was taken too).

Colour: Browny/Goldish
Suspension: Front: RockShox Pike 150mm with Lockout. Back: Fox RP2 Air suspension
Wheels: Specialized wheels with 2.3 Original Eskar Tyres
Wheel Attachment Method: Front and back Quick Release
Frame Number: (Please call me on 07864 920 251 for the frame number)
Distinct features: Front buckled Wheel, Lights scratched from previous accident, Rear Mud Guard, Left hand side handle bar grip damaged and top of gear leaver scratched from previous accident.

This is a picture of the bike the day i brought it...
NewBike2.jpg

This bike means a lot to me, as i use it to get to and from work, and for riding offroad in Cannock.

If anyone finds this bike or see's anyone riding it, please call the number above, there is a reward of £50 for it's return.

Thanks

Comments

• Sorry to hear about that hate living in Wolverhampton thieving b*stards, i'll keep an eye out (try searching Low Hill, Scotlands, Bilston etc the usual suspects)
  • Argh
    Thanks very much Ryan! i'll get my dad or a mate to take me around to see if i can see anyone riding it anywhere. It's probably been stripped down and sold as parts by now.

I will also try Blakenhall, Heath Town, Bradmore, Finchfield, Codsall and wherever else is within 5 miles of the city center.

~Garry~
  • I had my BMX robbed from the skatepark in Wolvo, and 2 weeks later the thieving twat was riding about Broad Street on it ! I'd seriously suggest heath town way cause thats where mine and this other guys was seen heading to and probably where most end up. Pisses me off when you can't have nothing nice :(
  • Argh
    Yeah, i'll have a drive around heath town to see if i can see my bike, it does my f*cking head in when people steal. it's the second bike i've had stolen in 6 weeks and when it cost me £1400, i will happily break their bastard legs!

Have you had any luck recoverying your bike yet?

~Garry~
  • Saw it about with the guy on it, caled a copper on the end of the street and by the time i'd given him my life story the scumbag had gone, great thanks you half soaked pig i thought. nahh never found it probably dumped in a bush or down the canal by now =[
  • Argh
    Was that my bike or yours!??
  • Ahaa my bike it was, but if i see your's about the police will know, as will you Good luck
  • Argh
    GOT IT! It's been recovered!!!!!!!!!!!

The idiots took it into the bike shop where i brought it from and said "Can you have a look at the brakes for me?" They took the bike upstairs and they called the police.

The police came out, and waited upstairs for them to come back. the owners of the shop told them to go upstairs and collect the bike and the police grabbed and arrested them!

Now that's what i call justice!

I will let everyone know what happens to the youth's when i hear back from the police.

Thanks to everyone for looking out for the bike!
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Happy days.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Argh
    The 2 arse holes are now being held in custody awaiting a court trial!

I am very pleased with that result!
  • andy83
    andy83 Posts: 1,558
    thats fantastic, so often see that bikes dont get recovered

dont know whats worse, them still riding it or having the stupidity to get bike checked locally
  • Its rare a bike gets recovered - well done.

I'd be interested to know how the prosecution goes. Presumably you dont have the usual hand wringing plod going "well if they say they bought it of a bloke in a pub we cant do anything". perhhaps it was the promise of a clear up immediately of a crime that got our generally dismal police force to actually leave the subsidised canteen for a few minutes.
    Bianchi c2c Alu Nirone 7 Xenon (2007) Road
    Orange P7 (1999) Road
    Diamond Back Snr Pro (1983) BMX
    Diamond BackSIlver Streak (1983) BMX

Oh, and BMX is the *ultimate* single speed.
  • Argh
    I had a call from the police at the beginning of this week and they have dropped the charges due to "Lack of CCTV Evidence", and i went absolutley ape sh*t at them!

The shop is SWARMED in CCTV, so it the town center.

All that matters tho is that i got my bike back and it is now fully insured!

I've brought a new lock, one they WON'T be able to cut through this time... Abus CityChain XPlus i think it's called.

But still, if i ever see the guy in person, i'll be sure to breaks his legs still...
  • Argh wrote:
    I had a call from the police at the beginning of this week and they have dropped the charges due to "Lack of CCTV Evidence", and i went absolutley ape sh*t at them!
    The shop is SWARMED in CCTV, so it the town center.
    All that matters tho is that i got my bike back and it is now fully insured!
    I've brought a new lock, one they WON'T be able to cut through this time... Abus CityChain XPlus i think it's called.
    But still, if i ever see the guy in person, i'll be sure to breaks his legs still...

Fantastic news that you've got your bike back! I wouldnt wish it on anyone to have their ride stolen! Just a tip, try USING your new lock to break their legs - it should make a suitable mess of them!

and just a picky one.... its "bought a new lock" not "brought a new lock" sorry to be SUPER-anal, but thats one that annoys the life out of me, as my friend says it all the time. :oops: rant over, now go break some thieving legs! :wink:
  • Vivid
    Vivid Posts: 267
    Thats great news, couldnt imagine having my bike stolen! cant believe they got away with it, now they know they can steal bikes and get away with it, the system fails again.

Just wondering how the bike shop knew it was stolen?
  • Argh
    Hi all. Just to let you all know the police did nothing to prosecute the theives at all, Which is a shame.

Reply to a poster: Thats a very good idea... a 2.8kg lock around their legs will definately work!

the shop knew that the bike was stolen, because a 17 year old dressed as a Chav and on a £1400 bike didn't look right. Besides, i bought the bike from the same shop and also the theives didn't file off the serial number!

I thought logically and reported it to every bike shop i could find in the yellow pages in Wolverhampton - And this time, IT WORKED!

Thanks to everyone that looked out for it in wolverhampton, I Still have the bike and i am a very proud specialzed owner :)

Cheers Guys!