anyone in lowestoft or north east suffolk?

06whitesided
06whitesided Posts: 39
edited April 2009 in MTB rides
im wondering if there are any people there that know of any trails routes etc to ride
tanks
Its going alright i said as i forced a 6inch rut with my face

Comments

• hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    Not so much in the area, in the way of trails.
    There is Fritton Wood, at least until the authorities turn it into a quarry!
    Also try Herringfleet Hills. There are a few bridleways etc that you can use to link these up, for a little variation.
    Not much to go on really, but at least they'll give you a few hours of fun! :wink:
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • There's usually a couple of us that head out to fritton most weekends, we start at the blue boar in oulton about 9 on sunday morning and can link all the way to Fritton, anyone fancies comming your more than welcome to turn up, e-mail in profile.
  • plork123
    plork123 Posts: 112
    Have you been to Thetford?

It's OK, not technical, but somewhere to ride
  • plork123
    There's also Tunstall and Rendlesham Forests as well - better than Thetford, in my opionion anyway
  • Where abouts are they then fella?
  • plork123
    They are near Wickham Market, Ipswich area

Felladette :wink:
  • Thanks for the directions, sry about the mix up.

though you do realise youv'e just announced on a mountain bike forum youre female don't you?

Ever seen day of the dead?

:lol:
  • Hi, I'm new to the site but also come from Lowestoft and looking for some CC rides.

I commute by bike to Yarmouth on my MTB to go the scenic rout. I am sure if I look into it I can find a rout or two.

I have set up a web site to see if I can get any interest in good old Lowestoft for the MTB crowd :twisted:
  • adb1006
    adb1006 Posts: 938
    There's also a really good route from Blythburgh Church, through Walberswick Nature Reserve and then into Dunwich Woods (great tea shop on route too!). It's about a 25 mile loop, mostly off road (90% definitely) with some varied and picturesque terrain. Plus you can mess about in Dunwich Woods and make the ride longer if you wish or you could also do the return leg on road which would cut the distance dramatically if you were knackered! Feel free to PM me if you want more specific details/directions.