Front bounce or not?

meagain
meagain Posts: 2,331
edited September 2008 in MTB beginners
Built up the first almost-an-mtb for over a year last week, initially with 100mm Dukes up front like so:

HTDuke.jpg

But I think that just too long for the old frame.

So I replaced with Project 2s as here:

Rigi3.jpg

Not sure which I prefer, tho' I think the rigids LOOK better!
d.j.
"Cancel my subscription to the resurrection."

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    the head angle does look a tad slack with the Dukes at 100mm

80mm or less would be better for that frame.

and what is it? the side entering internal cable routing give it away but for the life of me i have forgotten.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • meagain
    meagain Posts: 2,331
    Yes it would be fine I think with short travel SIDs, but it ain't expensive enough to warrant the cost!
    "What is it" is an interesting Question (the cables are side mounted, but not internal, just poor photos).
    A mate of mine bought the frame at a Cyclo Jumble (seller had three) and was told it's a Ritchie. However, an identical one that came up on th'bay was trailed on retromtb and those in the know reckoned "NOT". It does feel pretty light for steel. I think that it's a early '90s Saracen. Whatever, it's really quite nice with mainly new LX. Good enough to tempt me back into the....MUD!
    d.j.
    "Cancel my subscription to the resurrection."
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Ok then but i would be tempted to look at a lighter ridgid fork, If you start having fun ;) maybe a carbon one.....

Sorry keep the Konas on.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown