Coast to Coast

dbrent
dbrent Posts: 31
edited September 2008 in MTB beginners
Well after months of training we've finally completed the C2C route from Whitehaven to Sunderland. :D

Now that it is out of the way we already planning our next trip (possibly lakes and glens) even though we only finished yesterday.

Even though I had put quite a lot of effort in during training it was still quite tough especially the climb out of Stanhope up to Parkhead.

My one claim to fame is that I was the only one on the trip to have a crash (at Whinlatter) but my saving grace was that I managed to climb Hartside without walking so I think that evens things up!!! :D

Thanks to anyone who has answered any questions I have posted (there may be more to come).

Dave

Comments

• A big well done mate, that ride sounds great to do. i want to do it some day, but i just dont know where to start looking and i cannot get my biking buddy interrested in it.
    nice new giant trance 3
    also ht coyote
    s-works epic 2008.
  • @starsky.

There were 4 of us that did it and it is well worth having a go. Planning the trip well is definitely crucial.

We got a lot of help from this website www.c2c-guide.co.uk

Keep at your mate and hopefully they'll change their mind. It is hard work but great fun at the same time.

There was a lot of people doing it at the same time so you do get to see some familiar faces over the course of the trip.

We stayed at the Acorn guesthouse in Penrith on the 1st night and Parkhead Station the 2nd. I can't recommend either enough, great hosts, great food, great prices and a good atmosphere.

If you want any more info let me know.

Dave