Gah! It's sunny!

prj45
prj45 Posts: 2,208
edited September 2008 in Commuting chat
So, really trying to avoid the bike today (over the 130 mile mark this week), and what happens?

Sun, a beautiful clear crisp sunny day.

Now I'll have to go out on it.

Grrrr....

Comments

• FCE2007
    FCE2007 Posts: 925
    I was out early in fog/drizzle.
    Got home and the sun came out pff

Enjoy :)
    Powered by Haribo. Zwift convert P.aul Laws [x]
  • patchy
    patchy Posts: 779
    arrrg. i can't - i have work to do and am meeting a lady friend at 12, so bikes are going to have to stay put today.

although they are calling to me. Perhaps i could just do a *quick* jaunt... she wouldn't mind if i turn up an hour late, sweaty and in lycra, would she?
    point your handlebars towards the heavens and sweat like you're in hell
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    Rode 68 miles yesterday (Putney to Great Missenden, where I was entertained by the Dahl family for whom I raised money on my Paris cycle earlier in the summer, and back). I was exhausted to the point of fever and nausea after I got back - the dangers of taking a bottle of water on the return leg rather than some isotonic deliciousness maybe? Anyway, today I am looking longingly out of the window at the bikes heading past on their way to Richmond Park. But the Grand Prix is about to start so I'll probably survive.
  • linsen
    linsen Posts: 1,959
    good to hear I'm not the only one who is addicted to two wheels. I've run some errands on one of mine today but I'm sure that doesn't count. 35 miles yesterday and a 25 mile commute tomorrow, I'm sure my legs will thank me if I stay away today!
    Emerging from under a big black cloud. All help welcome
  • prj45
    prj45 Posts: 2,208
    I managed to resist the call of the wheeled one in the shed, although I did end up going for a three mile route march along the Thames.

Still, different muscle groups I suppose...
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    Spent a couple of hours cleaning various bikes this afternoon, after the obligatory ride of course.

Can't ride tomorrow as I've got to do a couple of hundred miles, which means it'll be sunny again.

Rain on Tuesday then, sorry, my bad, shouldn't've cleaned them
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"