seat and pedal axle

radiation man
radiation man Posts: 446
edited September 2008 in Road beginners
i have got the right height of my seat now, but im still having trouble getting the seat right, i have it as far back as it will go and my knee bone is still to far in front of my pedal axle. if i move the seat forward as far as it will go im about an inch past the pedal axle, and the end of my seat is now over 1 inch before the middle of the bottom bracket any ideas or is this right.

Comments

• sub55
    sub55 Posts: 1,025
    :idea: it`s a unicycle :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    constantly reavalueating the situation and altering the perceived parameters accordingly
  • You may possibly have the wrong size frame - is it comfortable to ride? If the saddle needs to come back more, you could try a seatpin with more setback, although this may mean too far a reach to the bars.
    Carlsberg don't make cycle clothing, but if they did it would probably still not be as good as Assos
  • sub55
    sub55 Posts: 1,025
    :idea: longer cranks :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    constantly reavalueating the situation and altering the perceived parameters accordingly
  • my seat post has 30mm setback
  • It does sound like too small a frame
    Carlsberg don't make cycle clothing, but if they did it would probably still not be as good as Assos
  • im 5ft 6 56 frame my inside leg is 31 inch my crank is 170mm
  • At 5'6", I'd suggest a 56 may be too big (even though I said too small earlier). I'm six foot and ride a 56-57cm frame (although there is more to frame size calculation than height and inside leg). If you're knee is in front of the pedal axle, but you're comfortable it may not be an issue - the knee over spindle is only meant as a starting point.