Southern Sportive (Petersfield)

2»

Comments

• topcattim wrote:
    The pics have been up on takeyourpics for some time now, but I've not bothered to try and find mine as they are not organised by race number but instead by time past a particular point, Chalton. Can anyone tell me how far through the route this was, and then I can make a guess at my time to get there - it will save me trawling through 2000 photos, although of course I can make some kind of guess by working out my rough position in the whole field..

The group I was in passed the camera at dead on 12 o'clock on the long ride, and I started at just gone 8am and finished at 13:12. I *think* the camera was just before the last feed stop.
  • Thanks Mark, I've now been able to find myself, looking suitably knackered.
    I can understand that they did it this way due to the large number of non-identifiable race numbers, but it seems a shame that, as in my case, where the race number is clearly identifiable, they didn't allow a search by number. This would be my only criticism of the event - but I guess the photographers themselves learn the hard way by peope not bothering to search for their photo, and therefore not bothering to order them.
  • topcattim wrote:
    Thanks Mark, I've now been able to find myself, looking suitably knackered.
    I can understand that they did it this way due to the large number of non-identifiable race numbers, but it seems a shame that, as in my case, where the race number is clearly identifiable, they didn't allow a search by number. This would be my only criticism of the event - but I guess the photographers themselves learn the hard way by peope not bothering to search for their photo, and therefore not bothering to order them.

Mm. The photographer was in a pretty uninteresting spot, too. If I wanted a photo of me riding past a pub I could ask a mate to take one!
  • mark_d wrote:
    topcattim wrote:
    Thanks Mark, I've now been able to find myself, looking suitably knackered.

Mm. The photographer was in a pretty uninteresting spot, too. If I wanted a photo of me riding past a pub I could ask a mate to take one!

Thinking about it, perhaps the reason why so many numbers were wrapped round the headtube was the short length of the cable ties they supplied. I always have a spare supply in the car on events like this, and once I realised that it was going to be really fiddly using their short ones, I dug my own longer ones out instead.
  • topcattim wrote:
    Thinking about it, perhaps the reason why so many numbers were wrapped round the headtube was the short length of the cable ties they supplied. I always have a spare supply in the car on events like this, and once I realised that it was going to be really fiddly using their short ones, I dug my own longer ones out instead.

I used two :~)
  • mark_d wrote:
    topcattim wrote:

I used two :~)

What are you doing spending so much time on here Mark? Don't you have any work to do :lol:
  • I did the long route and had set myself a targe of 6:19, hoping to get in for a silver. The day didn't start off well, my heart rate monitor/gps battery went flat. :( I set off anyway, basically blind without the use of my heart rate monitor. I finished my first sportive in 6:00 which I was well pleased with, especially since I celebrated my 50th birthday on the 16th! I used the last eight weeks of the Apr/May 08 issue of C+ training guide for Sportive's which really helped prepare me. If any one had the first four weeks from Mar 08; I would appreciate a copy, please PM me. Nothing gave me greater pleasure than riding up the last climb seeing younger riders cramped up and walking. A great day out!! :D:D
    scotth
    Commute/Training: Trek 7500FX
    Road: Scott CR1Pro
  • brownbosh
    brownbosh Posts: 602
    Those younguns didnt want it enough! You gotta want it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Do you guys actually have hills down sough?
    http://twitter.com/mgalex
    www.ogmorevalleywheelers.co.uk

10TT 24:36 25TT: 57:59 50TT: 2:08:11, 100TT: 4:30:05 12hr 204.... unfinished business
  • brownbosh
    brownbosh Posts: 602
    come see. Id much rather ride 2 or 3 big passes than the 20 or so small climbs i have to ride every trainng run!
  • ah Love to!
    So you have lots of the little evil buggers that add up to a lot!! :twisted:
    http://twitter.com/mgalex
    www.ogmorevalleywheelers.co.uk

10TT 24:36 25TT: 57:59 50TT: 2:08:11, 100TT: 4:30:05 12hr 204.... unfinished business