Cambridgeshire Mountain Biking anybody

anytear691
anytear691 Posts: 84
edited September 2008 in MTB rides
Hi I live in York, so been used to dalby forest, dales and north york moors, some pretty good places, but Im joining Cambridgeshire Constabulary as a Police officer in December, I was just wondering if there was anywhere descent to cycle around there?

Cheers, sam
"Convoy?!, Micheal your spending you time with someone who uses a collective term for a single vehicle!"

Comments

• pemsey
    pemsey Posts: 107
    Thetford's supposed to be good - not been there myself yet but I had good reports from people in the club who've been there. Depending on whereabouts in Cambridgeshire you are, Woburn isn't too far away and is pretty good by all accounts - just need to remeber to carry a tenner in the back pocket in case the rangers are there!
  • I'm not from Cambirdge myself, nearer Norwich, but a couple of the guys I ride with are from near Cambridge and ride Thetford Forest as the local ride. Loads of fast flowing singletrack that's good pretty much all year round, but nothing too technical. There's a couple of signposted routes but most of the best stuff is unsignposted and you need to do a bit of exploring or get someone to show you where it is.

We normally have a ride at Thetford most weekends. You're more than welcome to join us when you do move down here and we'll be happy to show you round. Keep an eye on the forum link in my sig for when rides are going on. If you fancy it, give us a shout. :)
    East Anglia Biking Collective!
    http://www.easternbikemonkeys.co.uk/forum/
  • Chicksands is amazing!!!!

:D:D:D:D
  • mbrfan
    mbrfan Posts: 239
    Sam,

Cambs is a big place: where are you going to be based?

Steve