Llandegla

antshybrid
antshybrid Posts: 139
edited September 2008 in MTB rides
hi all, ive been up to Llandegla a few times now and ive been lucky enough to tag along with other riders a couple of times, makes the route more fun i think. who goes there reasonably regularly? i could do with a riding buddy(ies) :D

Comments

• Ant,

If your after people to join up with at Lalndegla i suggest going over to www.mbnw.co.uk, all the guys there including me are mostly North Wales riders and use Llandegla quite a lot.
  • gazvenn
    gazvenn Posts: 121
    trying to get up there as much as possible right now, before i'm back at uni. but having some ankle issues
  • haha ankle issues! i know what youre sayin there buddy, broke mine just over a year ago in delamere, damn those SPD's :evil:
  • gazvenn
    ankle's holding up well now so been up there yesterday and today, do pretty much the full black excluding the jumps as i just can't be bothered with them. managing it now pretty much without stopping ( 2 second stop at top of the initial climb to drop my seat about an inch for the rest of the run and had 1 breather today for about 30 sec) just thinking how well laid out the place is as i find myself reasonably recovered by the time i reach each climb. nice sitting at the end with a coffee and a fag watching the odd person i've passed and the guys clad in lycra checking there watch and looking dissapointed at their times :twisted:
  • im not doing that well yet, have to have a few breathers along the way to get myself together :oops: getting better though! some people do take it verey seriously though! ive seen a few of the stopwatch brigade too! :D
  • gazvenn
    i'm not at stopwatch wearing yet but i do definately try to push myself, may see how i do roughly time wise next time i go.
  • im still at the 'glad to get out there' stage. i will no doubt want to see how im improving and how quickly. thats why im going to try to go round in the company of another rider(s) so i can pace myself a bit faster. :D
  • gazvenn
    i'd be glad to ride with anyone really at any pace if you want to give me a shout next time your heading up. be nice to talk to someone instead of feeling like that antisocial bastard with my ipod in.
  • I was there yesterday and don't think I have ever seen it so busy, the remote on your own feeling seems to have evaporated from this place and at times it was gridlocked!

ended up doing the red only as there was a big queue at the start of the black split off for people waiting for a bit of space, the red run was dead however and is still good fun in parts.

the place is great but is definately a victim of its own success.
  • -liam-
    -liam- Posts: 1,831
    I'm in Shrewsbury so not a million miles away. Would be up for a trip up there if anyone needs a partner ?
  • gazvenn
    what time were you there dave as it was a bit busy when i was there around 2.30 and finishing at 4 didnt seem too busy to me, and i spent at least 20 mins at 1 point not seeing anyone.
  • ratty2k
    ratty2k Posts: 3,872
    :lol: A whole 20 mins?
    I used to go to Llandegla a lot, but always went midweek as its much quieter. Went up to Nidderdale yesterday and for part of it, never saw anyone for well over an hour (bar my riding bud)

Llandegla is fun (as are all the centers) but I prefer natural riding and only use the centers if the weather gets real bad now.
    My Pics !

Whadda ya mean I dont believe in god?
    I talk to him everyday....
  • I was there about 9:30 and the car park was choca block already, and as I say the trail was congested to say the least. good fun but definately no sense of isolation anymore.
  • cheers gaz and liam, will post when im next due to go up. work gets in the way a bit as i run my own building firm but im hoping to go up at the weekend(i say hopefully!!!) :lol:
  • off up to landegla in the morning(sunday) maybe i might see some of you there. ive got a van with ajm brickwork on it. :D