jumps for beginers

darkgalaxy
darkgalaxy Posts: 12
edited September 2008 in MTB beginners
hi folks
ive just started riding again after 7 years want to know some easy jumps on bmx tracks or anywhere else as i need to get used to being in the air again and landing techniques these locations need to be in derbyshire any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• darkgalaxy wrote:
    hi folks
    ive just started riding again after 7 years want to know some easy jumps on bmx tracks or anywhere else as i need to get used to being in the air again and landing techniques these locations need to be in derbyshire any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

I dont particulary know any good jumps near that area to be honest but i can help with technique.

Landing and knowing how to take off are key issues.

Landing for example - Lean back slightly so it reduces risk of going over the handle bars and smashing your face in but make sure you land neatly

If you feel you are going to crash try to adjust your body position to help move the bike into the direction you wish.

Taking off- Basically as you are about to jump pull up on your handlebars doing a slight wheelie this will allow you to actually get air and not look like an idiot missing the landing or jump at all.
    I have videos on youtube check them out

http://www.youtube.com/user/Kingyisere93

My bike - Gt aggressor xc3
  • cheers for the advice mate will bare that in mind thanks.
  • darkgalaxy wrote:
    cheers for the advice mate will bare that in mind thanks.

No probz
    I have videos on youtube check them out

http://www.youtube.com/user/Kingyisere93

My bike - Gt aggressor xc3
  • BMX track at ringwood park near hollingwood/inkersall may work. But not too sure as I like 2 wheels firmly on the floor :shock: my only attempt at jumping was very very painful :oops: :oops:

I am also based in Chesterfield PM me if you want to know anything else.

Edited so as not to sound like a proposistion :oops: :oops:
    If every action has an equal and opposite reaction does that mean I will be eaten by a fly?