Carrera Vulcan 08 Is It Up to It

stevet1992
stevet1992 Posts: 1,502
edited September 2008 in XC and Enduro
hi to all

just bought a new bike which is a carrera vulcan disk spec 08(http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... yId_106166) and was wondering if it will take the stress of XC and small - medium jumps ?

just wondering what you guys think
On-One 456 Sainsburys Season

Calling All SouthEastern Riders

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    It will do small obstacles on the trail - but not built for bigger jumps or repeated hard landings.

Ride smooth!
  • stevet1992
    It will do small obstacles on the trail - but not built for bigger jumps or repeated hard landings.

Ride smooth!

ok cheers for that

just looking around people say that the forks should be upgraded

is it worth the money?

• supersonic
    It is not a bad fork - but better is to be had. RS Toras can be got for 90 quid which will make a difference.
  • xtreem
    xtreem Posts: 2,965
    I don't understand how people can't afford to spend more than 250£ on new bike, but they can afford to buy new 200£ fork after few days of buying the bike. :?
  • supersonic
    The fork can be got for 80 quid! But generally I agree that too many upgrades straight away can be counter productive.
  • If you'd payed the little extra for the ltd version then you would have got better brakes and forks anyway.

Gives you rockshox dart 2 and some better mechanical disk brakes (forgot the name though)
  • stevet1992
    i wanted to spend a bit more but unfortunatly the old bike went bust and had to get a new one to get into work the next day:( and my local halfords had hardly any bikes with a 20ibnch frame in stock and i really couldnt wait.

im not looking to upgrade the forks straigjht away anyway i was just wondering what was thought of it

i just want to get into the sport really :P been wondering whether to do it now i got a job i got the moeny to do it :D

anyone know of any good spots in the kent area well prefably ashford but i can catch a train :D

• missmarple
    missmarple Posts: 1,980
    Surrey Hills can be a lot of fun, I take my (heavily modified) Carrera Vulcan '06 up there!

PS: The reason I have a Vulcan, it was bought as a present - can't sell it on so I've upgraded every single part bar two! :lol:
  • stevet1992
    missmarple wrote:
    Surrey Hills can be a lot of fun, I take my (heavily modified) Carrera Vulcan '06 up there!

PS: The reason I have a Vulcan, it was bought as a present - can't sell it on so I've upgraded every single part bar two! :lol:

yeh already started upgrading mine :P grips went straight away :lol:getting some new hydraulic brakes soon at next pay day :p

well have to have a look at surrey hills then cheers for that:D