Now Sarah Kennedy has joined in...

CiB
CiB Posts: 6,098
edited September 2008 in Commuting chat
I woke this morning at 7 o'clock to the newsreader on Radio 2 announcing that Lance is to make a comeback to have a pop at being the oldest Tour winner at 36. Sarah Kennedy couldn't help herself - 'cyclists' - she said. 'They're all dangerous, jumping red lights, running pedestrians over... don't get me started on cyclists'.

So there we are - another national broadcast passing on to the nation the message that cyclists - i.e. that group of people that can also correctly be described as fathers, brothers, tax payers, as often as not motorists too, charity workers, all round good eggs etc etc - we are a nuisance that has no right or expectation of safety on the public roads because 'we all jump red lights and run people over'. What a half-wit bint that woman is. Feel free to add your opprobrium here and I'll make sure that the idiotic myopic DJ [and her boss] gets to know.

It's time she was sacked, if for nothing else than her complete inability to read aloud from a newspaper - 'stumble stumble stutter stutter errr.... errrr.. ummm anyway that's The Telegraph, you can read more in there'. That and the fact that she reads decimal numbers as one point seventy-five million, not one point seven five million, as anyone who actually went to school should know. Grr.

Comments

• ChrisLS
    ChrisLS Posts: 2,749
    ...I'm wound up now :? ...how can this dozy woman say these things? :twisted: :twisted:

...why does no one ever list the carnage, maimings, brain damage, disfigurements, broken limbs and smashed bodies, burns, lifes ended too early and horrific deaths that motorists cause...? God it pees me off so, so much...
    ...all the way...'til the wheels fall off and burn...
  • sc999cs
    sc999cs Posts: 596
    Funny how the media were so willing to bask in the reflected glory of cyclists during the Olympics.
    Steve C
  • Just the kind of sanctimonious drivel we've come to expect from Kennedy.. time she was fired from what [imho] is an ace radio station.

:evil:
    Commuter Surosa Toledo S34 Audax
    Best Bike Merida Road Race 901-18

In truth i love them both
  • Was she pissed up again? :lol:
    The user previously known as Sea_Green_Incorruptible.

Soloist Team: http://tinyurl.com/3tjjcn
    Cycle Path Cruiser: http://tinyurl.com/4yvfrr
    Knobbly Action: http://tinyurl.com/44cofe
  • I have always enjoyed SKs ramblings, at that time of the day it's about as much as I can stand, but an outburst like this cannot go unpunished.
    If you see the candle as flame, the meal is already cooked.
    Photography, Google Earth, Route 30
  • dondare
    dondare Posts: 2,113
    Don't get me started on radio presenters...
    This post contains traces of nuts.
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,105
    Sarah Kennedy is a talentless sh1twipe, the Daily Mail personified, I've been subjected to her cretinous mitherings when travelling to early morning meetings in the car, whilst waiting for the infinitely more amusing Mr Wogan to come on.

Come the revolution, well, you really don't want to know what's going to happen to her... :evil:

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • sicrow
    sicrow Posts: 791
    Sarah Kennedy is a talentless sh1twipe, the Daily Mail personified, I've been subjected to her cretinous mitherings when travelling to early morning meetings in the car, whilst waiting for the infinitely more amusing Mr Wogan to come on.

how true is that :)

maybe we should all send our views to her

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/shows/kennedy/contact.shtml
  • secretsam
    sicrow wrote:

how true is that :)

maybe we should all send our views to her

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/shows/kennedy/contact.shtml

Just did, word for word. Muhahahahahahahahaha

• "I"ve been subjected to her cretinous mitherings when travelling to early morning meetings in the car, whilst waiting for the infinitely more amusing Mr Wogan to come on"

..there's always the "off" button :wink: .
    Start Weight: 128 kilos (20.2 st) (April 17th 2009)
    Current Weight:119 kilos (18.7 st) (June 18th 2009)
    Target Weight: 92 kilos (14.5 st) (sometime mid-2010, hopefully sooner)
  • secretsam
    "I"ve been subjected to her cretinous mitherings when travelling to early morning meetings in the car, whilst waiting for the infinitely more amusing Mr Wogan to come on"

Not in someone else's car. Besides, we were enjoying sla99ing her off :roll: .

• alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    Sarah Kennedy is one of the dullest, most inane "personalities" on the radio, I just want my life to end more quickly when I have the misfortune to hear her! (oh, of course there is Chris Evans, but I have a special dislike of him for other reasons).
  • What are we to do when such an influential and respected person says things like this? It was depressing enough to learn that James Whale didn't like cyclists.
  • Littigator
    Littigator Posts: 1,262
    Didn't Matthew Paris recently get in bother for a similar rant in his Times column? Perhaps whoever reported her in this forum above might not mind passing their complaint on to the Broadcasting Standards people :twisted:
    Roadie FCN: 3

Fixed FCN: 6
  • alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    Littigator wrote:
    Didn't Matthew Paris recently get in bother for a similar rant in his Times column? Perhaps whoever reported her in this forum above might not mind passing their complaint on to the Broadcasting Standards people :twisted:
    His was several orders of magnitude worse, encouraging people to put wire across cycle paths to behead cyclists. It was investigated by the Press Complaints Commission following an all-time record number of complaints. They decided he did not breach the PCC code (the code does not prohibit incitement to murder). The press investigating the press!
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    If only we knew a lawyer who could lend weight to our response...
  • She's just a drunken cow - when you're complaining to the BBC about the bike remark, mention this!:

"BBC Radio 2 has apologised after DJ Sarah Kennedy said she had almost run over a black pedestrian because she could not see him in the dark."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7071592.stm
  • Its interesting, well its not interesting at all really but its a fact that all the most outspoken critics of cyclists are either failed politicians or z-list celebrities with drink/drug problems, I wonder if there is some connection there. :?
    The gear changing, helmet wearing fule.
    FCN :- -1
    Given up waiting for Fast as Fupp to start stalking me
  • Bodhbh
    Bodhbh Posts: 117
    alfablue wrote:
    Littigator wrote:
    His was several orders of magnitude worse, encouraging people to put wire across cycle paths to behead cyclists. It was investigated by the Press Complaints Commission following an all-time record number of complaints. They decided he did not breach the PCC code (the code does not prohibit incitement to murder). The press investigating the press!
    Only read it a few weeks back, but found that rant of his bizzare - where does it come from? Find him one of the more interesting and reasonable talking heads when he's on TV. Apparently he's a distance runner so you might think he's have some more sympathy for fellow altheletes/hobbyists/whatever. Especially as some of his critisism was about unnessecary journeys, consumption of energy drinks and their impact on the environment. How he like it if someone cut his car brakes, laid some nails accross one of his running routes, etc., or urged people to do so publicly.
  • downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686
    Are there any streams to the radio 2 show so we can hear ourselves? I'd like to send my own personal message but I'd like to be sure of the "facts" :lol:

Perhaps I'll use a psuedonym... :wink:

Found the stream, scanning now...
  • chuckcork
    chuckcork Posts: 1,471
    My response to the "Contact the Show" webpage: http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/shows/kennedy/contact.shtml (Some it stolen from Chris above)

Red light jumping pedestrian running over freaks that call themselves cyclists. Is that correct or did I miss out some bile somewhere there?

I take it you are by contrast proud to take part in the daily carnage, maimings, brain damage, disfigurements, broken limbs and smashed bodies, burns, lives ended too early and horrific deaths etc that motorists cause on a daily basis?

(Now oddly enough I've never seen anyone unconscious on a road from being hit by a bicycle, or even injured, but I've seen enough people who have been hit by vehicles unconscious or screaming in agony, not to mention fatal car crashes first hand, to last a lifetime)

But I guess your prejudices are yours to air, I just hope for your sake you don't start in on blacks, jews, muslims or gays, now that would get you into trouble with the PCC!
    'Twas Mulga Bill, from Eaglehawk, that caught the cycling craze....
  • downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686
    I streamed the show to hear the comments made and couldnt find them. All I heard was a load of dire music. :lol:
  • RedGT
    RedGT Posts: 238
    Any one who listens to Sara Kennedy deserves to be offended.
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    RedGT wrote:
    Any one who listens to Sara Kennedy deserves to be offended.

You're dead right with that, but Mrs CinB can't do with R4 in the morning so R2 is the compromise. Anyhow, I've sent a stroppy note to the show with the usual arguments and a note to OfCom, just in case. I expect a null response from R2; why should they bother? It's a throwaway line to them and of no consequence if some fat bloke with a bike takes offence at the half-wit presenter's throwaway comments. Why should I care anyway? I'm 4½ hours away from a 20.78 mile thrash to the office, Fighting Talk from 5L on the Walkman, no helmet, no traffic to bother me and the promise of some serious rain to keep me cool. Bring it on. :P
  • secretsam
    "Bodhbh wrote:
    Apparently he's a distance runner

'nuff said :evil:

• Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    SecretSam wrote:
    "I"ve been subjected to her cretinous mitherings when travelling to early morning meetings in the car, whilst waiting for the infinitely more amusing Mr Wogan to come on"

Not in someone else's car. Besides, we were enjoying sla99ing her off :roll: .

WHAT????? that's not a bike... BURN HIM!!!!!
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • Dustine
    Dustine Posts: 184
    Just sent in my message too.

And while i was at it, sent one to that smutty little hangover from an era when Carry-On films were funny, Terry Wogan. 'Travel-Totty'??? What ******* year is this again??? About time the pair of them got retired. Still he gets me out of bed in the morning- at 7.32 i have to leap up to turn the radio off before his voice comes on....