Would you be Happy to Share Space With Segways

2»

Comments

• prj45 wrote:
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHHAHAHAAAA the guy in the yellow crashed into the wall. Epic fail.

:lol:

I think he's trying to commit segway suicide

"I look really stupid, every body hates me and my segway, that's it, I'm going to end thsi"

*soft bop* *soft bop* *soft bop* [repeat]

Actually genuinely laughing out loud... :lol::lol:
  • dondare wrote:
    segwaypoliceunitchinacg9.jpg

'should have gone to the toilet'
  • wrouf_1116442247_image_09.gif
  • Sorry, I misunderstood. I thought that they were all being launched into orbit
    Organising the Bradford Kids Saturday Bike Club at the Richard Dunn Sports Centre since 1998
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/eastbradfordcyclingclub/
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/eastbradfordcyclingclub/
  • http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=paV5jEnR2Oo

Safe..........

I've only ever seen one of these wondrous things whilst up in London, heading round Aldwych from Kingsway if I remember correctly.

12mph max speed means they are gonna be pretty easy to dispatch, and as long as you treat them like any other slow moving vehicle (bike, car, taxi etc) and overtake in a safe manner I can't see a problem. If anything I'd be more worried for the segway riders with all the suicidal bus and taxi drivers (private one's espceially) who seem to think the mirror part of MSM is optional!

As for FCN I think they fall off classification as I'm sure I could take one on my kids tricycle - I think they should count as a "hen's teeth" bonus of maybe 10 points, much like the Sinclair C5, I mean for 4K your not far off G-Wiz territory are you and that gives you a seat and roof!
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    In Chicago I saw quite a few Segways:

954215949_fbc1f376d1.jpg

955093464_62d737058f.jpg
  • Littigator
    Littigator Posts: 1,262
    Do you think those tyres are just a leeeeetle bit unecessary? I've seen smaller things on monster trucks. But hey that is America.
    Roadie FCN: 3

Fixed FCN: 6
  • Littigator wrote:
    Do you think those tyres are just a leeeeetle bit unecessary? I've seen smaller things on monster trucks. But hey that is America.

Indeed, also a good pic for anyone with a segway/women in uniform fetish....."Is that a gun in your pocket sir???"
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • SPS7
    SPS7 Posts: 21
    Why were there protests by MPs and all the others to promote one single brand? Or are Segway going to let anyone build em? Like heck!

Reads like a lot of self promotion and free advertising for something that isn't as environmentally friendly as they claim.

sps
  • BJUK How much??? :shock:
    Wow what a remarkable coincidence. All the segway users on that pic are fat lazy slobs. Not THAT much of an issue but why show off your legs. gaah.

So police use them. Why. people can run faster, climb stairs get between cars, and best of all not crash like a fool (ta BJUK) infront of a bunch of people. helemt debate on the segway forum? buahaha
    FCN4: Langster Pro
    FCN8 Dawes Audax
    FCN13: Pompetamine dad and daughter bike

FCN5 Modded Dawes Hybrid R.I.P.
    FCN6 Fixed beater bike (on loan to brother in law)
  • Dudu
    Dudu Posts: 4,637
    No I definitely would not want these abominations using cycle facilities.

They're too wide, too slow, too heavy and too unmanouvreable to share cycle lanes or paths.

And only bone-idle tw@ts will use them, anyway.

GGZ007.jpg
  • How would you feel about sharing a bike lane with one of these?

GGZ007.jpg

I have one of those... in fact I have 4... we race them at BBQs. They would be hilarious to take round a cycle lane...
  • Ah yes, that's you at the back.

Hilarious for who?

Onlookers, obviously.

Risk of punctures. New business opportunity in manufacture of kevlar carcassed space hoppers.
  • But you don't race though do you? You don't even try :lol:
    As my gf keeps telling me EVERYTHING is a competition.. all she has to realise is you're not meant to show you're trying!
    FCN8 Dawes Audax

• A Tyred, fit a Marathon plus weighs 700g, then.. why am I entertaining this topic.. it's madness.

Anyway which fool would bounce along, imagine pulling out (after a wobbly shoulder check) around parked cars into the traffic flow.

Least you won't get stopped for going over 5mph, well maybe Littigator will churn it up anyway, spray it to get the "hopper" logo off or summat! :wink:
    FCN8 Dawes Audax

• Ah, but you haven't thought that through. You are on a space hopper. Why go around parked cars?
  • chuckcork
    chuckcork Posts: 1,471
    I just looked at the Segway website, at the i2 commuter http://www.segway.com/individual/models/i2-commuter.php

The range on this would not get me to work and back again without a charge (I have a recharge myself, it call it lunch) The speed is low as well, with a max of 20kph it would take me half again as long to get work assuming the max speed could be maintained. My max most days is closer to 40-45 kph with an average of around 30kph.

I don't think I'll be too worried about these on my ride in!
    'Twas Mulga Bill, from Eaglehawk, that caught the cycling craze....