edited September 2008 in Road beginners
anyone know where i can buy a trek pilot 1.0 2007 in blue and white,

Comments

• gkerr4
    gkerr4 Posts: 3,408
    hmm - don't you have one of these??
  • andy610
    andy610 Posts: 602
    hi yes i do but i like the colour and now ive managed to set it up as good as ill get it, as its a 56 frame and im 5ft 6. its very comfortable to ride so i thought i might get another one to use for summer but put more exspensive stuff on it, im worried about getting one that isnt sloping will give me back problems etc i also like the red and white trek pilot 5.0 carbon
  • CheeseyJoe
    CheeseyJoe Posts: 95
    edited September 2008
    http://www.thecyclepeople.com/productde ... sp?id=1695

Try using Google next time. Ok turns out the link's no good, sorry, I tried.
  • Humph, a link doesn't necessarily meen they sell them!! (not having a dig, top marks for helping :D ) been trawling the web(bored at work and had no luck, good luck to you though let us know how you get on!
  • gkerr4
    andy610 wrote:
    hi yes i do but i like the colour and now ive managed to set it up as good as ill get it, as its a 56 frame and im 5ft 6. its very comfortable to ride so i thought i might get another one to use for summer but put more exspensive stuff on it, im worried about getting one that isnt sloping will give me back problems etc i also like the red and white trek pilot 5.0 carbon

oh i see
    I bought the roubaix as it could be setup as a comfort bike - it CAN be setup much racier, but at the moment it is about the same as the pilot.

I'm not sure that the pilot is that much of a good frame though to be honest - you need to re-look at your sizing though - at 5'5" id have put you on a size 52 - a 54 at most so a 56 must have any awfully high headtube and be quite stretched out!

Like for like (in sizing) both the allez and SCR can be setup to similar fit as a pilot - but both will be lighter and stiffer - if you are after a summer bike with better bits Id look carefully at the geometry and go for something like that - unless you are in the budget range for a carbon pilot (5.0+) but even the - if you are in that price range - you'd be better (IMO) looking at the roubaix range!

If you are dead keen on another pilot - i'll sell you my size 54 pilot 1.2! - it has upgraded brakes (shimano r600) tiagra group + 105 rear mech cinelli Vai bars (or the originals) and your choice of Bontrager SSR aero or Shimano R561 wheels!
  • andy610
    andy610 Posts: 602
    what do you think makes the pilot a not so good frame, besides the pilot ive shortlisted 3 other bikes trek 1.5 red and white, trek 1.5 2009 green and white and the trek pilot 5.0 which is carbon frame but a bit exspensive
  • Probably the fact he doesn't own one :shock: 8) :? Tends to be the way with cyclists :roll:
  • gkerr4
    what? - did you not read my post? - Of course I have one - I tried to sell it to him!!!!

I have owned a 1.2 since feb 2007 - it has been to the alps, done a coast to coast trip and all sorts of road training

I dunno - it's quite a heavy frame - i have stripped mine down a couple of times and it is a hefty frame for a small alu unit. it also flexes a fair bit.

I just think that for the money (especially the 5.0 carbon) there are better frames out there and the roubaix would be top of my list for a comfort road bike
  • :lol: :oops: Sorry some-how over-looked that bit :oops: