Routes in the Bingley area

ncfenwick
ncfenwick Posts: 256
edited September 2008 in Routes
Hi, I am looking for info on routes in the Bingley area. I usually do St Ives/Harden Moor or Baildon Moor.

For a change last Sunday got the train to Skipton and rode back to Bingley on the canal towpath. It was bloody treacherous in parts with my summer tyres well out of their comfort zone. its a good ride though with plenty of different surfaces, singletrack, tarmac, mud etc!. Also saw a memorial for a second world war bomber that crashed nearby, interesting stuff. Nice and flat for when you have a stinking hangover too!

Anyway, if anyone knows any decent routes in or near Bingley let me know! Cheers

Comments

• ncfenwick wrote:
    Hi, I am looking for info on routes in the Bingley area. I usually do St Ives/Harden Moor or Baildon Moor.

I don't think there is much else to be honest in the immediate vacinity, I tend to ride Baildon Moor, Shipley Glen, the trails through the woods round there, also a couple on the Leeds Border in Calverley/Thackley.

There looks to be quite a few bridleways up on Baildon Moor, some that go round the back of the golf course, I plan to check them out at some point, I lke the route down from the caravan park then down through the woods.

I have not tried the St Ives/Harden Moor route, what is it like, when I had a look at it on www.bikely.com it looked to be mostly road, is it?