Any Riders In Stroud/Glos!!!!

-Tuffer-
-Tuffer- Posts: 25
edited November 2008 in MTB rides
Any Riders In Stroud/Glos!!!!
Where can you get a RED BULL HELMET???

Comments

• sort of. what type of riding do you do? i'm a bit of everything, trail centre xc, dh, freeride.
  • I sometimes head up that way as my mate lives there, we've done a few good circuits, lots of ups & donws and cycling up the Portway from Gloucester's a good start!

We both prefer hilly trails with a few nice bumpy down hills, a few little airs but no major jumping.
  • Woot here! Tho this is quite an old post...

D/h, trails and freeride. Ive got quite a lot of friends who are into riding too, all based in an around Stroud :D
  • Woot here! Tho this is quite an old post...

D/h, trails and freeride. Ive got quite a lot of friends who are into riding too, all based in an around Stroud :D
    so what are your local spots? i need to know!! ha ha
  • I live in Stonehouse.
    Visit Forest of Dean, Quantocks and the Welsh centres regularly.
    Some good stuff up at Standish woods and Leckhampton.
  • I live in Stonehouse.
    Visit Forest of Dean, Quantocks and the Welsh centres regularly.
    Some good stuff up at Standish woods and Leckhampton.

Pretty much covers it far as I know, around stroud anyway ^^ Ive not been to Leckhampton hill yet but Standish woods is like my local spot, and ive been down to the forest a few times. Theres a dh race there soon i think.

Anyone know of any more spots??
  • yeah planning on riding in the race.
    might be hitting the DH in the forest on sunday.

this afternoon i went for a 2hr xc ride around the cranham woods. decided if i'm gonna ride there as much as i'm planning then i need to invest in a pair of mud tyres! good fun tho. knackered now.

anyone able to point standish woods out on a map? what kind of riding is there over there?
    is it the woods next to Randwick?
  • yeah planning on riding in the race.
    might be hitting the DH in the forest on sunday.

this afternoon i went for a 2hr xc ride around the cranham woods. decided if i'm gonna ride there as much as i'm planning then i need to invest in a pair of mud tyres! good fun tho. knackered now.

anyone able to point standish woods out on a map? what kind of riding is there over there?
    is it the woods next to Randwick?

Have to copy & paste cause I cant get the link thing to work -.-

http://www.multimap.com/maps/?&map=51.7 ... 25359:16||

Yeah thats right, theres a range of stuff up there. Theres a really good line of sigletrack that runs pretty much all the way from Haresfield beacon down to the bowls at the bottom of the woods and the bowls themselves are riddled with lines and some jumps/dropoffs. I found a nice dh route too last weekend.

Its all built by the local riders though there were signs up recently about turning the woods into a designated biking area like Leckhampton, though I dont know what the news is on that so far.
  • awesome thanks. will check it out asap. maybe next saturday.
    yesterday was a leisurely ride round birdlip with some friends, today was a solo speed run of birdlip on one bike followed by lecky hill dh on the other bike. nice n slippery out there today
  • Bit late replying to this post but i,m living in stroud and regularly ride in the craham, painswick and birdlip area but dont mind trying pastures new. Pretty much ride xc all the time on 20-30 mile routes. Send me a pm if you want to meet up for a days riding.
    argon 18 e116 2013 Vision Metron 80
    Bianchi Oltre XR Sram Red E-tap, Fulcrum racing speed xlr
    De Rosa SK pininfarina disc
    S Works Tarmac e-tap 2017
    Rose pro sl disc