C2C Solo trip

chrisb177
chrisb177 Posts: 55
edited September 2008 in Tour & expedition
Hi, I'm planning to do the C2C solo and I am just enquiring about when to do it? I'm thinking of trying to do it in 3 days in maybe October time, when do you guys think its the best time to do it?

Thanks in Advance

Chris
Want a Site? Visit
www.cpbwebdesign.co.uk

Comments

• The best time is when you have time but I would not plan on camping much later than October - although with our weather lately it might be the best time of year.

3 days is okay, I done it in 3 in June. Stopped at Penrith and Allenheads.
  • i don't think i'd do it any later than October because it gets darker sooner and colder . Mind i've done it twice both times in June 1st time it was very hot then 2nd time it rain for 2 of the 3 days so you can't predict anything with the weather we get lately. I've stayed Keswick-Allenhead then Penrith Nenthead think problem with Allenhead n Nenthead is your climbing straight away bit rough after a full english breakfast :oops: lol
  • Tip of the day - don't have 15 pints in the Allenheads inn, stay up till 3.30 thinking you have an easy day ahead. :(
  • I'm leaving Newcastle on 20th on the Hadrians route, then back again on the C2C, looking at six days in total and yes, I think it's about as late as I want to be going camping - especially up there!

Arthur
    The Beastie

Sic itur ad astra