Primo Comet Kevlar 37-451 (20x 1 3/8) 6 bar (85 psi) smooth

GaryGkn
GaryGkn Posts: 1,199
edited September 2008 in Road general
Can you buy these in the UK?

I can't find them been trawling the net.

You can get them in the US about $30 each.

I was thinking that someone interested in HPV. 'bent etc... might know something?

Comments

• Never heard of them, but if you're after something fast in a 451 theres always the Schwalve Stelvio. It's a bit narrower, only 28mm, but considering that and the fact that it will take up to 120psi is probably a whole load faster than the Primo. It has a puncture protection belt too. Sells for under £20 IIRC.
    "Swearing, it turns out, is big and clever" - Jarvis Cocker
  • GaryGkn
    They look good but I was after softening the ride a little. Also need to get some light rims. Velocity look good but I don't know where to pick them up in the UK?
  • Unfortunately 451 is not a popular size in this country, with low demand the supply is correspondingly low. Not sure about the rest of Europe though. Maybe you can order from somwhere else in Europe? Failing that you'd have to either investigate shipping from the US or consider a more popular wheel size, like a 406.
    "Swearing, it turns out, is big and clever" - Jarvis Cocker
  • GaryGkn
    Did the 406 route on a R20. I think I will bite the bullet and source from the US. Ironic that a size originally popular in Britain now has a place in the US but I guess it is all economies of scale and there are many more people in the US so I can see why it has happened. Many thanks.