Torquay Devon Off Road Rides

Tim Black
Tim Black Posts: 37
edited September 2008 in MTB rides
hi i have just got back in to Mountain biking after a 12 year gap due to loosing me right eye and wont to lern more skills and tricks can anyone help where is the best place to ride.

some bridal ways i have found are cool but to many dog walkers and when you only have one eye they can be a pane in my wheel or i end up over the bars this so far has coursed me to trash my bike (not Happy) i have a older Kona cinder cone and looking to get a tuffer kona bike soon.

Is there any one i can join for a ride

Tim Black

Comments

• yogi
    yogi Posts: 456
    Hi Tim,

Have you tried Haldon Forest near Exeter? The trails are pretty much MTB specific and not too demanding if you stay clear of the black run. Woodbury Common is also pretty good.

Your more than welcome to come out with us if you fancy a trip over to Plymouth, we also do an MTB Fun Ride on the 1st Saturday of each month (unfortunately you just missed this months). See website link for full details.

Best of luck with your mountain biking.
  • Fuzz Monkey Five
    Fuzz Monkey Five Posts: 194
    edited April 2009
    Tim - plenty of good stuff in Torbay, I live in Torquay and have quite a good knowledge of the local trails. There are quite a few bridal paths and 'non dog walker' routes too that I know of.

if you want drop me an email to [email removed] and I could meet up for some off roading (I'm out of action this week plus probably next week due to injuries !!)[/email]
  • Typed in error.. apologies..
  • Hi Tim, what sort of stuff are you looking for? I mean there are some pretty hardcore woods which are pretty technical downhill in Torquay but they are super sketchy.

There is churston woods which have easy to moderate trails with some bits that actually developed my love and skills in DH. In between that we have Torre but that's really drops etc.
    Roundham pitch and putt ( but we never ride them obviously *cough* as that would be literally illegal!!! - but if we did the jumps are good for development.
    Hit me back with whereabouts you are and what sort of thing you're looking for and I may be able to show you some stuff.
    <hr>

Do what you fear, you won\'t regret it.

You are only as brave as your skill level.
  • Hi Tim,

There are woods up scadson and cockington which seem a good place to ride, also have good pubs to stop at!
    2007 SPECIALIZED FSR XC COMP - sold
    2008 CANNONDALE F6 - CUSTOM BUILD - sold
    2008 TREK EX 9.5 - sold
    2010 SPECIALIZED ALLEZ ELITE
    2011 On One 456
    more coming soon!