Chris boardman

2»

Comments

• richlong28 wrote:
    he's bringing his new range out next year so whether its worth waiting for the new model (prices are yet to be announced) or wait for this years model to drop in price as they go to sell them off

The new models have been announced and should be in stores Nov 21st. The new MTBs are on Halfords website and I am waiting to try a MTB Pro. I think availability of 2008s is pretty low though.
    No-one wanted to eat Patagonia Toothfish so they renamed it Chilean Sea Bass and now it's in danger of over fishing!
  • Nick6891
    Nick6891 Posts: 274
    Nick6891 wrote:
    anyone know if there is a bikehut in or near leeds?

the halfords in kirkstal has one. and the stock CB bikes
    is that the same as the halfords on york road or is it bigger?
  • juankerr
    juankerr Posts: 1,099
    Prices of the 2009's look the same as last year unlike every other bike co. so these are looking even better value than before.

The only problem is the monkeys building them :)
  • juankerr wrote:
    The only problem is the monkeys building them :)

Even if you factor in the cost of taking it to a proper shop for a check and service the cost still looks great.

I am seriously considering a MTB Pro and I'm waiting for them to arrive in stores so I can try them for size.
    No-one wanted to eat Patagonia Toothfish so they renamed it Chilean Sea Bass and now it's in danger of over fishing!
  • Simon1890
    Simon1890 Posts: 117
    Hi guys,

Just thought i'd mention at this point i got an 08 Boardman Comp from Halfords this weekend, unbuilt (in the box) and convinced them to knock £50 off. Then attempted to build it myself (a good learning curve) and then am giving my LBS that £50 i saved to check over the bike and set it up for me......everyone wins!!!

Halfords = useless idiots

I've dealt with them over the years for so many things and they NEVER give good or more importantly ACCURATE advice.

If you're going to get a Boardman (nothing wrong with the bikes at all), get them to give it to you unbuilt and let your LBS build it for you.....that's my advice..

Cheers
  • proto
    proto Posts: 1,483
    volvine wrote:
    they are good enough for Rob Hayles :wink:

And Nicole Cooke :D