Bloomin great isn't it !

seataltea
seataltea Posts: 594
edited September 2008 in MTB beginners
Briefly, sort of.

Returned to exercise (MTB and commuting) after spinal problems, used to swim 5-7 miles a week back put a stop to that but the position of my spine from cycling has caused no problems.

Bought an electric hybrid for commuting through the C2W scheme initially being worried that regular riding would kick the spine off again (it hasn't). It is stunning at levelling out my Pennine commute each day. 24 mins 7.5 miles home to work with a sweat and a shower, 40mins with pootling and sightseeing. Max speed 23mph on the flat with my input, pedal assist and burst mode from the throttle, 8mph climbing the 1in6 home,

It gripped me so a bought a Decathlon Rockrider 6.3 for a route around my village, £350 was all I could risk, wife would have gone spare if I'd have spent £££ more on another bike. Very very happy with it, long warranty is a bonus too.

She's come round now, we're selling both cars, she's get something big, new and luxury I'm getting a1k runaround for winter as my car has barely turned a wheel for the last few weeks.

Ok, so questions.

I want a bright rechargeable light for MTB in the dark, less than £100, what should I get ?

I want cycle shoes that I can use on the MTB and the commuter, that are warm, waterproof, well made and that I can get round to using with clip in pedal I want to fit to both bikes, what should I buy ?

I want a waterproof cape type thing for commuting, what should I buy ?

Thanks in anticipation.
'nulla tenaci invia est via'
FCN4
Boardman HT Pro fully X0'd
CUBE Peleton 2012
Genesis Aether 20 all season commuter

Comments

• ratty2k
    ratty2k Posts: 3,872
    Oh, thats almost moon on a stick territory! :lol:
    Shoes, I will recommend my Northwave Celcius J GTX boots, waterproof, warm, great. For SPD use only. But, and it is a BIG but, water WILL get over the top the same as wellies. End of, unless you wear waterproof trousers. And that goes for ANY shoe, (I've tried a few!) The Shimano (MW02) ones aren't bad, but are a real faf to put on, especially if you have a bad back (I do as well!)
    Northwave: http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/Cycle/7/North ... 360032088/
    Lights, my preference would be this: http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/Cycle/7/Hope_ ... 360035056/ Other people would have different choices, but fits the bill nicely.
    As for the cape, cant help you there, I just have regular waterproof jackets and trousers... Plenty to choose from, mine are Gill.
    Dont forget a rear light, and there is only one choice IMO; Smart superflash.
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=16534
    VERY VERY bright.
    My Pics !

Whadda ya mean I dont believe in god?
    I talk to him everyday....
  • Many thanks, going to have to hide this extra spending or become a cycle courier to earn some extra cash !
    'nulla tenaci invia est via'
    FCN4
    Boardman HT Pro fully X0'd
    CUBE Peleton 2012
    Genesis Aether 20 all season commuter