any riders in mid sussex?

mikesdale
mikesdale Posts: 5
edited September 2008 in MTB rides
Hi middle aged old fart looking for some other riders to help with fitness levels and show some local rides.

be warned, my kit is embarrasing (yellow raleigh stiffy) but she who must be obeyed has said that i can upgrade next year!

mike

Comments

• breezer
    breezer Posts: 1,225
    Might want to pay a visit to Wildside Cycles in Tunbridge Wells, they sometimes do rides out of there
  • lego
    lego Posts: 769
    Hiya Mike. Where abouts in mid sussex are you? Where have you been riding? There's a few of us on here from the area although we don't post alot. Pity really as we should get together at some point. Ian.
  • Hi Mike, I'm in a similar situation to you.....apart from the embarasing wheels. I'm in the Horsham area but don't ride much around here due to lack of company. I occasionally go out with some of the blokes from work but we tend to pick somewhere central to where we all live, not round here. It rather depends what kind of rides you are looking for. If you are looking for something not too taxing to start with you could try the downs link or south downs way. Downs link is an old railway bed so it's fairly flat, downs way is pretty up and down, tough but not technical. Both on the web, probably.

Paul.
  • I'm in Haywards Heath & often cycle in the area beween Burgess Hill & Tillgate.

Let us know where you are.
    Winter commuter: Planet X London Road
    Winter road bike/commuter: Specialized Langster
    Best road bike: Planet X RTD90
    MTBs: Giant XTC 650B / On-One C456 singlespeed
    TT bike: Planet X Stealth