noobiest question ever

xgriffin
xgriffin Posts: 24
edited September 2008 in Road beginners
do you wear anything under "jerseys" i.e underarmour or anything..

THanks

Comments

• ris
    ris Posts: 392
    nope, but if it is properly cold i might chuck on a baselayer under a long sleeve jersey.

i rarely wear anything more than a jersey/base and waterproof in winter, it gets warm enough with those on!
  • k-dog
    k-dog Posts: 1,652
    A lot of riders are now wearing layers under their jersey - either to keep them cool or to keep them warm.

Supposedly they are very good but I've never tried them. I've heard that the Craft ones are good too.

These sort of things:

http://www.teamcyclist.com/store/Base-L ... e_C532.cfm
    I'm left handed, if that matters.
  • sicrow
    sicrow Posts: 791
    I wear UA heatgear longsleve for when its chilly
  • k-dog wrote:
    A lot of riders are now wearing layers under their jersey - either to keep them cool or to keep them warm.

Supposedly they are very good but I've never tried them. I've heard that the Craft ones are good too.

These sort of things:

http://www.teamcyclist.com/store/Base-i find Helly Layers-Bike_C532.cfm

Now wearing ???

I've certainly been wearing an underlayer for the last 50 years and i'm sure that people were doing so for 50 years before that. I find Helly Hansen baselayers good in cold weather as they are very effective at wicking away sweat - in the summer I use running baselayer tops from Decathlon.

BTW one of the reasons given in the past for wearing wo layers on top -especially when racing- was so that in the event of a crash the layers would slide over each other and off some (?) protection.
  • sicrow wrote:
    I wear UA heatgear longsleve for when its chilly

Out this morning. Definately winter on the way :cry:
    'How can an opinion be bullsh1t?' High Fidelity
  • i wear a climate cool base layer in winter and when i have waterproofs on as it is really really good at keeping your body temp right, when i wear it i am never too warm or too cold, only where it in winter though
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    blackhands wrote:
    k-dog wrote:

These sort of things:

http://www.teamcyclist.com/store/Base-i find Helly Layers-Bike_C532.cfm

Now wearing ???

I've certainly been wearing an underlayer for the last 50 years and i'm sure that people were doing so for 50 years before that. I find Helly Hansen baselayers good in cold weather as they are very effective at wicking away sweat - in the summer I use running baselayer tops from Decathlon.

BTW one of the reasons given in the past for wearing wo layers on top -especially when racing- was so that in the event of a crash the layers would slide over each other and off some (?) protection.

I own a few, so called, "summer layers" that a supposed to keep you as cool as block of ice. I not at all sold on the idea that they actually work. I really don't notice any difference
    when wearing a standard jersey with one or without one. They are a good idea at races
    though as any little bit of extra protection can help save a fair share of skin.

Dennis Noward