Sheffield clubs?

FJS
FJS Posts: 4,820
edited September 2008 in Road beginners
Anyone familiar with Sheffield clubs?
I've moved to Sheffield recently and am thinking about joining a club. I'm from The Netherlands and am still developing a feel for how the UK cycle world is structured, so recommendations and tips about the types of clubs in the Sheffield area would be much appreciated.
I'm not looking for a touring club (mud guards, steady pace, cake stops, etc), and neither for a club that only caters for those that do official races, but something in between, say 'cyclosportive' level; competitive and race minded for those without talent or time.
I've done races as a junior but have no ambition or time to do that again and properly train, but am more looking for some fun competitive rides, cyclosportives, Marmotte, etc.
I'm 32 years old and would prefer a club with others roughly that age.
Which Sheffield club should I pick?

Comments

• acorn_user
    acorn_user Posts: 1,137
    Sorry, no tips on clubs, but enjoy riding out there. I used to enjoy taking the Snake Pass road out to the reservoir and coming back on the little roads to Ecclesall road (cake stop at the end!).
  • Dug
    Dug Posts: 153
    Have a look at the Sheffrec CC website

http://www.sheffrec-cc.org.uk/

They sound like the type of club you are looking for. The Sept club meeting is taking place tonight if you want to come along (details on the website).
  • How about Yorkshire Velo?

www.yorkshirevelo.org
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    Thanks! Yorkshire Velo seems more an alternative sponsored team, for racing members, beautiful website though!! Sheffrec looks like it might be a god choice, thanks.