Some srsehole tried to kill me today.

boybiker
boybiker Posts: 531
edited September 2008 in The bottom bracket
On the club run some tw@t drove up behind me with his horn blaring and then passed me and my club mates about an inch away. We signaled to him that he was an arsehole and he pulled over and started to get out ready for a rumble when the over 30 riders came up behind us and he got back in his twa@t mobile and drove off.
We've reported him to the police for dangerous driving as he had done the same as he came pass the other riders.
The gear changing, helmet wearing fule.
FCN :- -1
Given up waiting for Fast as Fupp to start stalking me

Comments

• penugent
    penugent Posts: 913
    You seem to have your fair share of such scrapes. It's rough out there, eh. You did the right thing in this instance.
  • Well...Ive only had two instances of drivers being arseholes most of the time the drivers round here are considerate and don't have an issue with cyclists but you only need one to knock you off to spoil your whole day.
    Anyway I am taking my driving test today so if I can save my pennies and buy myself a car I'll be joining the ranks of the great unwashed,but at least i know how dangerous some drivers are and I'll be aware of the risks a car posses
  • McBain_v1
    McBain_v1 Posts: 5,237
    Strange how the tw@t's desire to "rumble" evaporated when the rest of the club arrived :lol:

What do I ride? Now that's an Enigma!
  • boybiker wrote:
    On the club run some tw@t drove up behind me with his horn blaring and then passed me and my club mates about an inch away. We signaled to him that he was an arsehole and he pulled over and started to get out ready for a rumble when the over 30 riders came up behind us and he got back in his twa@t mobile and drove off.
    We've reported him to the police for dangerous driving as he had done the same as he came pass the other riders.

Some people are Trouble Magnets. You've had more trouble this summer than I've had over 15 summers :wink:
    'How can an opinion be bullsh1t?' High Fidelity
  • Yesterday, there I am in the pouring rain, having a great time, 20 miles from home and I join a main road via a roundabout.
    I hit the roundabout exactly at the same time as a white van the towing a trailer, coming from the join before mine, so what does he do???
    He blows his horn and edges the trailer so close to me that I am in the gutter .
    Was he surrounded by other cars so that he needed to be that close - no.
    Did he appreciate I was just on a bike, in the pouring rain and liable to injury from his rather selfish actions - no.
    No - the bast--d. :evil:
    Yes it can spoil the day, can't it.... :( ... but I didn't let it and went into smug mode after I had finished the ride and had 40 very wet miles in the legs... :D
    Spring!
    Singlespeeds in town rule.
  • Some people are Trouble Magnets. You've had more trouble this summer than I've had over 15 summers Wink

What it is I think is people naturally cannot resist getting too close to me in their efforts to get a better look at my arse, and who can blame them?
  • bobpzero
    bobpzero Posts: 1,431
    boybiker all the best with ur driving test. it doesnt get any easier once ur on ur R plates lol. me not being a club cyclist, i usually stick to the cycle paths or the less travelled country roads. ive almost given up giving the driver a hand gesture, as getting annoyd about noob drivers is just a waste of time. but glad u had backup +30 riders
  • ChrisLS
    ChrisLS Posts: 2,749
    ...in my ideal world tw@ts who drive like this character would have their cars taken away and crushed as they watched... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :lol::lol:
    ...all the way...'til the wheels fall off and burn...
  • BigJimmyB
    BigJimmyB Posts: 1,302
    I had a bit of this Saturday AM, twice in 15 mins in fact.....

2 of us in single file, 4x4 ahead parked on double yellow with hazard lights on. As we approach from behind, he pulls out. We end up in middle of road facing oncoming and so I shout at him to use his signals properly. He then drove right up my jaxy with his horn blaring, which obviously helped no end. I asked him if he's like to join me on the pavement to 'discuss' his misdemeanour, but he declined and drove off, all 20 stone of the tw@t, fag still in hand.....

No more than a few miles further on we're going through a village with speed humps, us and the cars are pretty much at the same pace, but some t1t in a private cab decides it's us causing the slow pace, so he overtakes 5 cars behind us, horn blaring again, then missed my mates back end by millimetres (my mate thankfully wasn't aware of just how close it was).....then comes to a stop 50 yards later at a major roundabout (i.e. all his silly driving got him nowhere). I was beyond offering discussion at that point and he got some major verbals.

Just some of the cr@p we have to deal with almost every time we ride on the roads.....
  • I've been following this thread with interest and feel it is my time to chuck in my "two pennies" worth.........

Whilst I am still a newbie to this road cycling game (and loving every minute of it) I have to say that I have seen both motorists acting like t***s as well as other cyclists - and these tend to be club cyclists.

Whilst I am sure the ones I have seen are in the minority and most club cyclists abide by the rules of the road and act with common sense in a courteous manner there is the minority that act like d***s and think that they own the road. :evil:

I have seen it in the Thetford 35, Norfolk 100, London to Brighton and the Suffolk Coast ride (all of the rides I have had a crack at this year). Whilst these 'keenies' reach speeds that I can only dream of (at present) I can't see what makes them think theat they are so special that they can ride in formation of 3 abreast in rows of 4 down both main roads and quiet back roads and then have the cheek to swear at motorists if they get some abuse.

When I am driving or on my motorcycle and come across a something (be it a bigger vehicle, group of cyclists taking up the road, group of ramblers WHATEVER) doing a slow speed with no intention of moving over then I will use my horn to let it know I am there. If the obstruction makes no attempt to move then yes, I will give some abuse.

Probably the most idiotic riding I have seen was a group doing the Norfolk 100, riding in the 3 x 4 formation, who decided to overtake slower recreational riders on the way to Reepham (for those that took part in the 100 and if your team kit is purple then it is likely it was one of your clan! (umm.... purple kit, purple helmets....... the d***s I was refering to earlier perhaps?) without even looking at what traffic was coming up behind them. I am amazed that the car who was then going past did not hit one of the club members or one of the cars coming the other way!!

There is enough room for everyone to enjoy their mode of transport on the roads if everyone exercised care, a bit of courtesy and common sense. :D
  • boybiker wrote:
    What it is I think is people naturally cannot resist getting too close to me in their efforts to get a better look at my ars*, and who can blame them?

:lol::lol:

I definitely don't have that problem....oh - wait aminute - they're probably laughing at mine.... :shock:
    Spring!
    Singlespeeds in town rule.
  • boybiker wrote:
    Some people are Trouble Magnets. You've had more trouble this summer than I've had over 15 summers Wink

What it is I think is people naturally cannot resist getting too close to me in their efforts to get a better look at my ars*, and who can blame them?

ITS THAT LOVELY HAIR, SO IT IS, THAT LOVELY HAIR!
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • It is pretty wondrous hair.
    So..... when are you going to start lurking in the bushes????
  • I'M ON ME WAY!

WATCH IT SONNY!
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'