Which Cube bike should I get out of these?

spittle
spittle Posts: 44
edited September 2008 in MTB buying advice
I currently have a Kona Caldera 2005 and have really enjoyed it, I just feel I'm gonna break it! I want a bike that can do the lot pretty much. I much preffer hammering down hills but still want to be able to use it for XC. I plan to use it a lot. Having adjustable travel on the forks seems logical so I can use it anywhere. I was considering looking at downhill bikes but my mates wouldn't be up for it!

Anyway these look wicked and Cube bikes seem to give you a lot for your cash.

Fritzz
http://www.cube-bikes.de/xist4c/web/FRI ... 20822_.htm

AMS 125 XT
http://www.cube-bikes.de/xist4c/web/AMS ... .htm#anker

What do you think?

Comments

• owenchis
    owenchis Posts: 15
    meh both good
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    both are slightly different, the fritz is 160mm and built to be a tough all mountain bike but at under 31 pounds in weight, could possibly make it a decent allrounder.

the ams 125 is a more trail bike. 125 mm travel and well under 30lbs means it would be suitable for long rides but probably not as much fun on the downs as the fritz, but would be easier to climb with.

depends on what you want i spose.

i am looking at buying the ams in the new yr, either a 125 or a normal 100mm version but thats cause i already have a 150mm bike at the mo.
  • spittle
    The Fritzz is looking very attractive, has an excellent review on here too. I like the fact that the forks are beefier too. Tis damn pricey though!
  • BlackSpur
    BlackSpur Posts: 4,228
    I'd say go for the model in between the two in terms of travel, toughness and weight - the Stereo.
    "Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling." ~James E. Starrs
  • spittle
    Now you mention it, that does look nice! Still like the idea of being able to thrash the Fritzz a bit more. Think the Stereo is a contender though.
  • If you want to thrash it as much as you say i'd go for the fritz, because of its rear shock mainly.( but it looks awesome as i was bout to buy it till i got a cube hardtail instead).